Not connected, Your IP: 3.131.13.37
Sign in to follow this  
willowbrook

Question about which server to use while using VPN over Tor

Since there is no way of really knowing which Tor node is going to be an exit node for a connection with AirVPN's server, which server would be the safest one to connect to in terms of latency and speed? I'm thinking servers in US or Canada. Is there a general consensus or a recommendation? 

Also, the Tor circuit when connected to AirVPN's server will not change during the connection correct?

Or, is there a way to determine the Tor exit node before connecting to AirVPN's server via Tor?

Thanks.

The Tor circuit will not change as long as your 3 nodes (guard, middle, exit) are operational and handling traffic.

There is no way to determine which exit node you will use, in fact this is one of the key features of Tor, but you can specify

your own exit node if you wish to do so, however it can slightly weaken your anonymity. There are multiple ways to do it in your torrc file,

ExitNodes node1,node2,…

ExitNodes {de} - for example to use only exits in Germany, based on country ISO codes, and so on.

The documentation of Tor is very specific about it, try to read it for more customized needs of your setup.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

The Tor circuit will not change as long as your 3 nodes (guard, middle, exit) are operational and handling traffic.

There is no way to determine which exit node you will use, in fact this is one of the key features of Tor, but you can specify

your own exit node if you wish to do so, however it can slightly weaken your anonymity. There are multiple ways to do it in your torrc file,

ExitNodes node1,node2,…

ExitNodes {de} - for example to use only exits in Germany, based on country ISO codes, and so on.

The documentation of Tor is very specific about it, try to read it for more customized needs of your setup.

Ah thank you. I heard about altering the number of nodes, but didn't know that you could set specific countries etc. Will look into it. Thanks!