Not connected, Your IP: 35.173.233.176
Sign in to follow this  
x2c

London UK Server exit IP in Dubai??

Hi, so I've been logging into London, UK server Algedi via Eddie client for a couple of weeks and the exit IP has always been UK based (Slough, United Kingdom) to be precise.

Today I logged into same server and got to Facebook front page and it was all in Arabic.  I logged into FB and it said my account had been locked due to unusual login location. I performed additional security step and gained access to my FB and went into settings. 

In the active session it had the Algedi server I was using as Riyadh, Saudi Arabia!!  I performed the same test with Asterion (another London, UK based server) and it was listed as an active session from Hastings, MI, USA (again this was after having to perform additional security steps to gain access to FB).  Same with Bellatrix showing as Dubai, UAE!!

Does anyone know why these allegedly London, UK based servers are providing exit IP's in random other countries.  It's quite frustrating to have to perform additional security steps on web sites that use geo-location as a security feature.

Thanks

The right place to ask this question would be Facebook support, obviously.

There are 2 things you can expect from AirVPN - that the server is physically located in the stated country, and that it's

location is correct on Maxmind GeoIP DB, which is one the most commonly used GeoIP databases.

Currently all servers except Tegmen are properly geolocated on Maxmind, that means ~99.5% of the available servers.

Facebook and Google are exceptions that cannot be fixed upon request.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

The right place to ask this question would be Facebook support, obviously.

There are 2 things you can expect from AirVPN - that the server is physically located in the stated country, and that it's

location is correct on Maxmind GeoIP DB, which is one the most commonly used GeoIP databases.

Currently all servers except Tegmen are properly geolocated on Maxmind, that means ~99.5% of the available servers.

Facebook and Google are exceptions that cannot be fixed upon request.

I was using FB as an example as the same is happening on Hotmail, Gmail etc, but thanks for your reply

We have similar experience with Facebook. We also found out that we need to update other geolocation providers such as IP2Location in order to get it all fixes in FB and Google.