Not connected, Your IP: 3.16.83.150

Good morning,brand new to torrenting and airvpn and already have a question im afraid

When i "connect to a recommended server" without "network lock" the padlock symbol in the top right hand corner is open so can i assume it is not safe to download a torrent? When i try "network lock" i lose access to the internet. Can anyone help please?

Thank you

If you are not connected to any VPN server at that time then the network lock blocks your internet traffic to ensure no data will be sent outside the VPN connection.

Errrr....so i have to connect first then click on Network Lock? Sorry, I didn't quite understand the way you worded it. Thanks

It's better to have network lock enable (at all times) in case you want to prevent internet traffic outside a VPN connection. It blocks all internet traffic. But once you've connected to a VPN server via Eddie you should be able to use the internet again (safely). With network lock enabled you are still able to connect to an airvpn server.

You must enable the network lock before connecting to a VPN server.  After connecting to a VPN server you don't have the option to enable network lock. 

Hello!

Welcome to AirVPN!

For some links to all of the above, you can check my signature if you wish. Included are some guides on torrenting, as you also do need to configure your torrent client, as well as perform some port-forwarding for optimum results .

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

is there a way to tell which torrent are safe, or a list of trusted torrent sites,

I am looking for maybe also who are trusted torrent uploader.

For example I am looking for toast, it came with the serial number but I can't register it.

Is it always the case, etc.

I hope it is not already in your manual.

Thanks