Not connected, Your IP: 3.239.206.191
Sign in to follow this  
s25a

Performance issues with Cablesurf (German Cable Provider)

Hi,

just wanted to check if I am the only one with a perfromance problem using a Asus Router with OVPN Client. Isetup this according to this howto

https://airvpn.org/asuswrt/

Then Uploaded the File into my Router. It connected via UDP on Port 443 immediatly and on IPLeak everythings fine.

However my 200Mbit connection slows down to about 20Mbit. Any idea how to improve that?

I saw some discussions on another Provider (Unitymedia) here: 

https://airvpn.org/topic/21512-how-to-get-good-speed-on-unitymedia/

But this did not improve anything.

Thanks

Have you tried using other ports or protocols yet?

Also, have you tried connecting to other servers in different countries?

And how did you measure the speed exactly?

Hi,

thanks a lot for the quick reply. Yes I tried TCP and UDP and also tried different ports. I also tried the recommendations from the Unitymedia thread but this did not really help.

(Maybe a little) I also had a look at the Router and CPU USage but this was below 20% so there's more possible from the Hardware side.

I measured with SPEEDTest.Net and also with the Internal Speedtest from Airvpn - both match more or less. I tried all Servers from Germany and had between 8 and 22 Mbit/s. Without the VPN connection a always get between 195 and 205Mbit.

To be honest I am pretty knew to VPN and not familiar with all the settings that are possible. I can post logfiles or setting if you need that but as I said I need some little assistance.

Thanks a lot

I guess that it will be hard for a router to hit your speeds while using openvpn. BTW, what make/model is your router.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried comparing the speeds to using the client on your PC with the VPN disabled on your router? This will help to identify the bottleneck or problem.