Not connected, Your IP: 3.147.89.85

Hello great community

I'am wondering if you plan to add a lifetime subscription ?

There's more and more competitors around promoting this kind of offer for less than 40$. (I even see one at 29$)

How do they do that ? Where is the catch ? Because it seems too good to be true.

Are we starting a new era of "free" premium vpn where "free" means it's YOU the product ?! A real danger for privacy, the exact opposite of the purpose of a vpn ?

Or maybe I'm just wrong and the servers around the world became so cheap that they can offer this lifetime price...

What do you think ?

I just can't see how it's viable to do it long term. I think you'd end up with congested servers and a useless service in the end. Kind of a pyramid scheme VPN, where if they can't keep adding more and more customers, at an ever increasing rate, then the whole thing just falls over.

Consider it as a marketing trick.

Probably the "lifetime" of those services will be shorter than what you expect.

Real VPN companies with actual servers without overselling will never do this, since then you cannot scale your infrastructure to have a minimum bandwidth commitment, at least as one example.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Hello!

There will be many free or heavily discounted VPNs. But in the end, people will still pay for quality, when things like privacy and security really count.

Many of those VPNs also use virtual servers, which does make things cheaper.

There's a couple of those VPNs which, I think, basically finance themselves by scamming people.

After all, even reputable web-outlets advertise various lifetime VPNs. So for those customers not in the know, it's very tempting potentially.

They make you pay up and then make it really hard to leave or get your money back. Ivacy is one such example.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Hello

I am your new user and so far so good. I am satisfied with how airvpn is working. One request from my side would be, to ask you, if you can please add more servers which are located in Europe but in countries which are not in EU. Thank you, keep up the good work and thank you for a very responsive support.

Hello

I am your new user and so far so good. I am satisfied with how airvpn is working. One request from my side would be, to ask you, if you can please add more servers which are located in Europe but in countries which are not in EU. Thank you, keep up the good work and thank you for a very responsive support.

You should at least be more specific . There was a thread in General about what countries people would like represented. At any rate, Air doesn't tend to announce their server plans much. Air does also have requirements that need to be fulfilled before they put up a new server in any given place.

Welcome to AirVPN otherwise .

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Windscribe was doing that for a short time when they were new to get customers but stopped.  I don't see how a service that has recurring costs can be sustained for a long period of time by one user payment unless it's a very large payment.  Seems like many if not most VPN's are more about obtaining user information than providing a good service.  Can't disagree with the comments about pyramid schemes, either.

I have Windscribe, which seems above board, but use Air day to day because it's much faster and more reliable.  Air's interface is excellent, also.   Air, for me, is fast, works well, doesn't leak and speeds up browsing quite a bit.  Maybe because half the planet isn't chasing me everywhere I go!  

Hello

You should at least be more specific . There was a thread in General about what countries people would like represented. At any rate, Air doesn't tend to announce their server plans much. Air does also have requirements that need to be fulfilled before they put up a new server in any given place.

Welcome to AirVPN otherwise .

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Switzerland, is a good example and I tried Air servers in Switzerland, but some links doesn't work. Don't know why. I can send you in PM if you want to check.

Here goes some other examples: Norway, Liechtenstein, Balkan countries like Turkey, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Russia, maybe some more servers in Ukraina...

What do you mean some links didn't work? Connections to the server? If so, you might benefit from sharing some logs. Or do you mean websites were blocked, while using those servers? In which case there's a link in my signature for some troubleshooting.

Air only opens servers where it's economically feasible and where they won't be in violation of their own server location guidelines. Guidelines which prohibit places like Russia from appearing on the server list.

Yes some websites were blocked. I will try to troubleshoot and let you know.

Yes some websites were blocked. I will try to troubleshoot and let you know.

i've noticed anytime I can't get to a page on Air,  CMD ipconfig /flushdns seems to clear things up, if you are on windows that is