• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bokononist

Bokononist

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 04:19 PM

I apologize if this is somehow in the wrong place, as it appears to be some sort of issue with the Eddie client itself, but I was unable to find any relevant inquires/posts with some searching.

I have been using AirVPN for some time now and am loving the service. I recently set up a new Ubuntu machine, however, and while in the past I used OpenVPN to connect via Linux, I decided this time to give the Eddie client a shot. Generally it seems to work great, and I am quite enjoying the network lock feature.

One strange issue I am having, though, is that the client seems to list a false measure of data-throughput in the "Download" and "Upload" sections of its GUI. (Both under overview and stats.) What I mean by this is that according to all of my network monitoring apps, my computer is currently receiving around 300KB/s and sending around 250KB/s, but Eddie lists a download speed that varies between 4 and 8Mbit/s and an upload speed that varies between 2 and 6Mbit/s. I am simply not drawing or outputting this much data, so what is AirVPN actually displaying?

#2 LZ1

LZ1

It's nice to be nice to nice people

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1449 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:27 AM

Hello!

Isn't that simply speed vs volume downloaded? You can change the display of this in Preferences>General>Data Units.

Open This Spoiler If: A Website Is Blocked, You Want To Help AirVPN, Find The Beta/Experimental Client Or You're A New User Wanting Help/Information

Spoiler

Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me if you want me to index it in my new user guide, so that the community can find it more easily.

Tired of Windows? Why Linux Is Better.