Not connected, Your IP: 18.117.142.128
Jack.Vaneden

Can only connect to the internet through AirVPN

I have readed the fixed thread but havent found a solution.

Win 10

Eddie 2.11.3 portable

Everthing worked fine but since yesterday I can not connect to the internet without AirVPN

-reseted the firewall

-IPv4 and DNS are automatic

-Network lock is off

-deinstalled the TAP-driver (9.21)

What else can I do, because sometime I have to disconnect the VPN for work.

I am one step further what makes it even more crazy.

Non of my Wlan-devices like my smartphone, beamer etc. get access to the internet. They all find my network name but no traffic goes through. On my fritzbox looks everything fine.

When I turn on the Eddie client, I have access to the internet again. But only on my laptop where Eddie is running. Is it possible in any way (what I can´t really believe) that Eddie changed some settings in my fritzbox? It is the same when I use LAN.

Someone any idea what that could be?

I found the solution. Very strange.

In my fritzbox were the DNSv4-Server settings fixed. Changed them back to get them from my provider.

Everything works normal again. Wondering how that that could happened. Haven´t changed anything in my fritzbox for a long time.

But I have tested some things in the eddie settings in the routes settings. Is it possible that this caused the problems?

Hi,

Eddie cannot be responsible. Either someone changed the settings or it's a bad update from your ISP.

What's your ISP?

You should disable UPnP and TR-069. The latter is not only used by ISPs to alter settings but also by all of AVM's Fritz!Box apps and apps from third party developers. Older Fritz!Box Windows apps use UPnP, and torrent software tries to forward ports via UPnP as well if set up to do so.

Also check your login settings and enable login using user accounts or at least by passphrase. Mobile apps are capable of altering all settings of a Fritz!Box when there's no login set up. Eddie couldn't have possibly done this as it neither speaks UPnP nor TR-069.

Tip: To get notified of changed settings in the Fritz!Box WebUI, enable the Push Services. It will send you an email when a change has been done or summarizes all changes in a mail every day, week or month.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.