Not connected, Your IP: 107.22.56.225
scgt1

ANSWERED Reloaded computer and now using Eddie. Browser pages are slow to load

I was using the AirVPN client previously. When I went to a web page it pretty much instantly came up. Now after reloading win 10 and now using the Eddie client when I type in a web address it shows loading in FF but sits on a white screen for a good while before the page actually loads. I was running UDP and 512KB buffers previously on the old client software. I don't see a place to select UDP over TCP in Eddie though and I'm not sure if that is what is causing the page load lag or not. My actual connection is 200MEG down but through the vpn I'm actually sitting at the same with Eddie for my down vs the old install using the airvpn client which is around 80meg down. So my speed is the same between windows installs and the different clients but the page load time has tanked for some reason. 

I've gone into the prefs and don't see the ability to change/select UDP over TCP. Maybe I'm just overlooking it......

Wait a second. I have to enter protocols/uncheck the auto/manually select the first UDP choice then save.

MEH No change in load times and my speedtest is at 60-64 vs the 80ish. :-( Guess I'll switch it back to auto.

I switched to the UDP 53 and then 80 since I already tried 443. Those other 2 were worse. I then manually selected TCP 443 Primary and it's just like before the reload. Slickdeals comes up as fast as I select it in the address bar and so does hardforum. Before it was like watching paint dry initially getting to the page but once there other pages off of the main page loaded fine. Seems all is fixed at least for now.

Nah not really fixed. Many pages I've already been to so should have a cache buildup are still very sluggish. Nothing is different in this reload other then I have the newest version of win 10 pro that requires the download of the update assistant and then the new airvpn eddie client. I no longer have the old client (don't remember the model but it would have been from nearly a year ago in about 74 more days as my year sub states here) Once I downloaded this new client I deleted the old one. Would have been nice to change them out and see if it's the new client and a setting I don't have the same.

The interface of this new client is different so I was thrown off from the beginning with setting it up. I'm sure it's something simple I just don't have checked or do have checked but it's very annoying and like I'm back in the 90's with dial up.

Was running through the Guide to Getting Started. Ran into the section about the mss-fix which is setting the correct MTU for VPN service. My ping fails until at 1470. So I should have to add "mssfix 1470" to the airvpn config file but at the top of the config file it states any manual change will be overridden. Are we supposed to add the mssfix 1470 below the last </cert>?

A little further down the list and there is the adapter settings for ip/dns. The TAP adapter had a DNS server entered to follow/use. So set it to find automatically still no fix for sluggish browser issue. :-/

Although I still have the packet loss over 1470 and don't know if I'm correct in where to put the setting as mentioned above.

I was having a similar problem and it seems like quite a few others have since the latest Windows 10 update. It seems like they have changed how metrics work in the IPv4 config and this has been causing issues with DNS resolution. I followed the instructions in this post and it worked for me.    There's a better explanation in that thread of what this means than I can give, but I think it's worth a try to see if it resolves your issue.

https://airvpn.org/topic/22650-windows-10-creator-update-airvpn-dns-slow/?p=61284

I was having a similar problem and it seems like quite a few others have since the latest Windows 10 update. It seems like they have changed how metrics work in the IPv4 config and this has been causing issues with DNS resolution. I followed the instructions in this post and it worked for me.    There's a better explanation in that thread of what this means than I can give, but I think it's worth a try to see if it resolves your issue.

https://airvpn.org/topic/22650-windows-10-creator-update-airvpn-dns-slow/?p=61284

Yea I did that at 7am this morning. Posted in that thread but forgot to update this one that the sluggish browser is gone. Still don't know about the packet loss issue though.