Not connected, Your IP: 35.172.194.25
Sign in to follow this  
inspecternull

Unsure about Tor over AirVPN

The guide says that it only works with the AirVPN client, and that all you have to do is connect to the AirVPN before opening the Tor bundle. I'm just not convinced that tor is working over the VPN.

Before I have acquired AirVPN, I used to connect to a PaloAlto VPN (using a username that was not mine). Once connected I would SSH into a server that was only reachable by that VPN (a VM I control and can be killed at any moment). I would use the -D8080 directive for SSH to open up a dynamic port forward.

Then I would configure the TOR bundle to use that socks5 proxy to connect. The AirVPN guide doesn't suggest any configuring at all for Tor over VPN (only for VPN over Tor, but the objective here is to access .onion sites and anonymity over exit node security).

I am currently using PaloAlto VPN --to-- SSH -D --to-- Configured AirVPN to use 127.0.0.1 Socks5 SSH proxy --to-- and then just open Tor Bundle. But I just want to make sure the Tor Bundle is actually using the VPN for connection since there is no connection settings required. Is there a way to explicitly configure it to use airvpn ?