• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 traveller

traveller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:49 AM

Complete new eddie user, with a Mac 10.12.4 and the latest Eddie.

I cannot even login. I start Eddie, it asks for my Mac account password!, then I enter my airvpn name and password, and then I get a message saying that it cannot log in (attached).

My interest in E is prompted by my plan to visit China next month. 

Any suggestions as to what is wrong?

#2 nick75

nick75

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:23 PM

Hi,

There used to be a problem in Eddie with special characters in the password. So try a password with only letters and digits.

Also you say "airvpn name", I'm not sure what that means but your login is your email address so try that first.

#3 traveller

traveller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:05 AM

I am using my airvpn username and password to log in with Eddie. Is this correct? This produces the error message—cannot log in. The password contains only letters and digits.

#4 Chino

Chino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:22 PM

I am using my airvpn username and password to log in with Eddie. Is this correct?

Yes that's correct. Are you using a firewall which prevents Eddie from connecting to the internet?

#5 traveller

traveller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:47 AM

Yes, I was.

I turned the firewall off, and exactly the same. I could not log in with the same username and password I use to log into this site.

I am also curious as to why Eddie needs me to enter my computer account password before starting.

Also the Mac version of Eddie seems to enjoy stopping. Whenever I return to it after a few hours the error message is: not responding.

Is there a manual of how to use Eddie?