Not connected, Your IP: 34.206.1.144
Nnyan

Logs. Never made or deleted?

I had a friend make a claim that all VPN providers log something somewhere and just use automated tools/scripts/whatever to delete the logs.  I just assumed that the logging function was just disabled but that's not my thing so I thought I would ask here.

AirVPN sets the Logging destination to a non-existent folder as to never be written is my understanding

I can't talk for AirVPN as I do not work for them. However, a way in which logs could never be stored without needing to actually disable the logging feature would be to direct them to /dev/null. /dev/null on Linux systems is a path, that when anything is saved there, is instantly deleted (not even written to the disk). It is impossible to recover anything sent to /dev/null.

I believe everything runs on RAM, no hard drives to save data.  That's why real-time data can be shown on the web site but when your session is over all data is gone due to the nature of RAM.

An interview with airvpn if I recall correctly says the logs are directed to /dev/null, which would be the logical choice for no logging. I direct some programs to that on my Linux systems just to avoid log buildup, unless I need the logs for some reason, in which case I change it. That is really the only way to have no logs as with RAM, the police have tools to take a snapshot of what is in RAM, if there ever was an unexpected raid.