Not connected, Your IP: 44.221.46.132
borgqueenx

AirVPN Comparisions, iOS setup and iOS suggestion for staff

I was trying to go away from AirVPN recently, because airvpn had trouble connecting to their servers and sometimes it would make me have hours of no internet connection. Also after uninstalling airvpn i kept having trouble and had to reset the firewall of windows basicly.

I also never liked airvpn through the OpenVPN app on iphone because i kept getting random disconnects and it wouldn't automaticly reconnect.

The reason why i loved airvpn and wanted to stay here though was because of the speed, stability (PureVPN for example has huge lagspikes that last ~3 seconds every 30-60 mins or so, unusable for gaming) and for that i never got a google captcha check.

-------

But all negatives changed.

The problem on my PC, was that i had a older client of eddie. I upgraded 2 days ago and thinks have been fine until now with no more failures to connect!

On iOS i changed to TCP instead of UDP. Not in the settings of OpenVPN but in the profile creator on the website itself. It clearly says people should use UDP for "best performance" but clearly TCP is way more stable on IOS and ive already been connected for 2 nights now without the VPN disconnecting over the sleeping time and not a single time during the day either.

In my opinion for iOS users they should recommend the TCP over the UDP choice.

for those curious about the rest of my IOS settings here you go:

b16k9QI.png

So comparing to other VPNs recently:

ExpressVPN i never tried they ask even with coupons WAY too much.

PureVPN: Huge stability issueses.

VyprVPN: Very shady way of dealing with logs and privacy.

IPVanish: Google captcha checks every single time wich annoys me alot, but fast and stable on both iphone and PC. Had to send a email after payment to activate account though, and the account page for ipvanish was not working for 3 days straight until i emailed them and the next day it worked again.

NordVPN: Slow....

AirVPN: Stable, fast, very transparant, very afforable.

Hello!

This should be in the reviews section.

Very nice post though, it's super that you solved the problem and got things working !

I don't find that Google DNS fallback too desirable though. It would seem to be more ideal if a different DNS like those of Air-supported Open-NIC were available. I also wouldn't classify PureVPN as much else besides a little Shady too . At any rate, thank you for sharing your findings with the community. I'm sure it'll help someone. I don't think Staff will find much novelty in your post however, as they themselves often recommend TCP in such cases too.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.