Not connected, Your IP: 18.205.67.119
RyzaJr

Trouble Connecting via Eddie + Restrictive Firewall

Hello all,

I use a very restrictive firewall for Windows 7 known as TinyWall. I made it only allow programs I specifically let through it.

The issue is I've allowed the AirVPN.exe executable through the firewall with no restrictions, but even so I'm not able to connect to a server until I disable the firewall. After I connect to a server, I can then reactivate the firewall. If I have the SSL protocol activated though, and I re-enable the firewall after connecting, it just disconnects from the server. If I let Eddie choose the protocol automatically, it doesn't disconnect after re-enabling the firewall.

Judging from the attached screenshot of blocked processes by the firewall and Eddie's logs, it seems it's trying to connect to port 80? Though I'm not sure what exactly is trying to do so, since the executable is not shown.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help.

system log info.txt

I ended up adding curl.exe and stunnel.exe to be allowed through my firewall, and the connection process gets along farther down but then eventually gets stuck again at checking the route. What process or .exe checks the route?

Did you whitelist openvpn.exe as well?

Yep. Problem is now getting stuck at "checking route".

You could turn it off in Eddie settings. After this, connect and check via ipleak.net if your traffic really goes through AirVPN.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

You could turn it off in Eddie settings. After this, connect and check via ipleak.net if your traffic really goes through AirVPN.

Yeah, it connects when I do that but then eventually disconnects itself and attempts to restart.

All I can see is a whole bunch of stuff is blocked by svchost.exe at that point in my firewall. Guess it's just too restrictive.

HI Ryza,

Did you found a solution for TinyWall+airVPN? I'm also using this combination and I need to manually turn off/on firewall after each PC restart to use VPN.

Hi

I had the same problem, I allowed the different exe used by Eddie and unlocked LAN traffic (right click on systray icon > unlock LAN traffic). That made it!

I haven't checked if I can only allow LAN traffic for some programs and not all of them.