Not connected, Your IP: 3.146.34.191
pr1v

Did it happen to you using Tor?

I always use VPN+Tor, and Tor browser with Security Settings as High, avoiding scripts. But it has happened to me sometimes in these past weeks that Tor crashes suddenly when I am browsing. I don't know if it's a bug in the browser/s.o. or someone attacking from some server inside. It doesn't happen a lot, but from time to time.

The question: did it happen to you too?. Thanks.

Make sure your using the latest Tor browser bundle, and if it keeps crashing see if there's anyway you can reproduce the steps that caused the crash. Then go to https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor create a account and file a ticket with logs of the crash and the steps you use to reproduce the crash. If you can't reproduce a crash provide the best information you can in the ticket "including crash logs". Some crashes can be used as a security exploit so it's best to report it to the Tor developers.

Make sure your using the latest Tor browser bundle, and if it keeps crashing see if there's anyway you can reproduce the steps that caused the crash. Then go to https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor create a account and file a ticket with logs of the crash and the steps you use to reproduce the crash. If you can't reproduce a crash provide the best information you can in the ticket "including crash logs". Some crashes can be used as a security exploit so it's best to report it to the Tor developers.

Thanks. I always use the latest version and there is no way to reproduce what caused the crash, it happens only from time to time and suddenly with no reason. Do you mean the logs of my GNU/Linux or Tor logs?. I don't know if Tor saves some logs in some file inside the Tor folder. Yes, it would be great to report those logs.

To have tor log all the information, open TorBrowser-Data/Tor/torrc and add line in the Quotation marks below to the lowest line in the "torrc" file. Close the file and restart tor, everything should be logged to the desired location on your system.

"Log debug file /Users/sam/Desktop/debug.log"

replace the "/Users/sam/Desktop/debug.log" the location on your system that you would like to save the file. note, make sure it is saved as a .log file

Funny enough, it used to happen to me on Android(force close) and an update fixed it way back. There will always be bugs in software, some of which only show up in a particular environment. That is why I am sure your logs would be greatly appreciated by the developers. As one myself, I definitely appreciate my users who go to the effort to send them to me, even if all the logs show me is they did something wrong. At least then I can tell them. Occasionally on smaller projects, I will email them back a binary with slightly modified code to test and see if it fixes the issue.