Not connected, Your IP: 3.135.183.89
wallhalla

Paying with an US Prepaid Card only works with US IP's

Hi guys,

This is just a FYI post in case anyone has the same issue with avangate and prepaid debit cards.

I just spend several days trying to renew my subscription with a prepaid AMEX giftcard I bought. Avangate always reported that the funds could not be redeemed from the debit card and it was declined by AMEX.

The Avangate support did not help me and I just received standard template mails without addressing my actual issue. Even going through PayPal did not solve the issue as also PayPal told me it could not redeem the card (even though they could charge and return the $1,95 for the PP verification).

In the end I found a post from someone who wanted to buy a Steam game who found the answer.

In case you want to use a PrePaid Gift Card like one from AMEX you must have an US IP address and US address else the card will be declined.

This means it will be declined if you are connected with VPN to an exit point not in the US.

In my specific case I had the issue that I am outside the US and as my AirVPN subscription expired I could not connect to an US exit point anymore.

So what I did was to download Mullvad VPN as they offer a free trial period in order to connect to an US exit point to make the payment for AirVPN over Avangate.

Hope this post will help some people.

Hello!

On behalf of the community, thank you for sharing . It's good to know, as many are quite concerned regarding payment method.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Hi, what is the card holder's name did you use in this case. I am also facing the same problem, despite of giving US address and being in US . My ip is also US based only