Not connected, Your IP: 44.200.169.91
Soupcan Sam Hootkins

IP Entry, IP Exit, VPN IP and VPN DNS

Hey, everyone

Can someone explain the differences between the IP Entry, IP Exit, VPN IP and VPN DNS, especially between the IP addresses. I'm also assuming that "Real IP detected" is the IP given by my ISP, correct?

Thank you

IP entry: the IP address of the AirVPN server that you connect to

IP exit: the IP address of the AirVPN server your traffic leaves, which would be your perceived IP address while connected by services you connect to (or just simply websites)

VPN IP: could mean either of the above, but mostly possibly means what your IP address is while connected to an AirVPN server. If not it could also be your LAN IP while connected to the VPN (often seen as a 10.x.x.x IP address)

VPN DNS: the DNS server(s) which you use while connected to AirVPN, these will be different to your normal ISP DNS servers while connected

Yes, your Real IP detected would be the IP given by your ISP

Just for clarification, why does the client attempt to detect the users ISP given IP address?

They already know from the connection to their servers. Why would we the user need to know in the client? 

Just for clarification, why does the client attempt to detect the users ISP given IP address?

They already know from the connection to their servers. Why would we the user need to know in the client? 

It's for the user's comfort (for example for those users who want to connect OpenVPN over a proxy and want to check whether they have proxy-fied properly or they connect directly).

Kind regards

Can I see the "EntryIP" address somewhere or is it the same like my "VPN IP" adress?

1 hour ago, chosen999 said:

Can I see the "EntryIP" address somewhere or is it the same like my "VPN IP" adress?

the entry IP is not the same as the exit IP.   for entry IP you can view the logs of Eddie or