Not connected, Your IP: 44.200.145.114
HVRest2020

Instance of Eddie is already running

Version 2.11.15 of the windows eddie client on windows 10 64 bit reports the client is still running if you attempt to close and restart the client.

A quick check of the running tasks shows that the executable is still running event though the GUI instances closed.

If you have Minimize In Tray ans Single Instance checked on.

Note I expect that if you have Minimize In Tray Icon on and you attempt to close you in effect dont close but instead put the client into the Task Tray.  Unfortunately there is no icon in the tray if you close the gui.  The only fix is to end task the eddie executable and relaunch.

As a temporary fix if you turn off minimize to tray icon this doesnt happen.

seems like a bug.

Can someone please check?

that version does not fix the full issue.

my issue is on windows 10 the eddie UI after some time of being open dissapears even if you have not ticked minimize to tray.

only way to get it back is to kill process and start eddie again.

very annoying that I have to resort to using openvpn.

A work around is to click 'Disconnect'. Then wait for the Title bar on top to say 'Session terminated'.
Then click 'Exit' from the AirVPN menu on top.

that version does not fix the full issue.

my issue is on windows 10 the eddie UI after some time of being open dissapears even if you have not ticked minimize to tray.

only way to get it back is to kill process and start eddie again.

very annoying that I have to resort to using openvpn.

This happens with various applications, not only with Eddie. Restart Explorer and the tray icon should re-appear. Double-click on the tray icon to bring up the main window.

https://www.howtogeek.com/198815/use-this-secret-trick-to-close-and-restart-explorer.exe-in-windows/

Kind regards

A work around is to click 'Disconnect'. Then wait for the Title bar on top to say 'Session terminated'.

Then click 'Exit' from the AirVPN menu on top.

This is the proper way to exit Eddie, not a workaround. 

(...)

A quick check of the running tasks shows that the executable is still running event though the GUI instances closed.

If you have Minimize In Tray ans Single Instance checked on.

Note I expect that if you have Minimize In Tray Icon on and you attempt to close you in effect dont close but instead put the client into the Task Tray. Unfortunately there is no icon in the tray if you close the gui. The only fix is to end task the eddie executable and relaunch.

(...)

Hi, I recently started using AirVPN and I'm experiencing the same issue, but with version 2.13.6.

As understand, the issue only occurs when "Preferences -> General -> Microsoft Windows Only -> Start with windows" is checked.

(If "Minimize in tray icon" is checked while "Start with windows" is unchecked, the 'GUI' and 'tray icon' is showing as intended, after manually starting AirVPN.)

There is another temporary solution, which is to refresh explorer in a Task:

• Make sure "Start with windows" is checked in Eddie

• Run 'Task Scheduler' by using "WINDOWS BUTTON + r" and type 'taskschd.msc' followed by "Enter"

• Select "Create Task" and a dialog should popup

• At the "General" tab, write some name (e.g. Delayed Explorer or Refresh Tray Icons)

• Select the "Tiggers" tab and click on "New...". Then select "At log on" in the dropdown-list of "Begin the task" and click "OK"

• Select the "Actions" tab and click on "New...". Then select "Start a program" in the dropdown-list of "Action". Then write 'C:\Windows\explorer.exe'  in the "Program/script" text field and click "OK"

• Select the "Conditions" tab and make sure everything is unchecked

• Select the "Settings" tab and make sure everything is unchecked. Then select "Stop the existing instance" in the dropdown-list of the "If the task is already running, (...)". Finally click "OK" to finish the task.

The new task can be seen in the "Task Scheduler Library" by expanding it, in the "MyTask" folder.

After the new task is ready, the explorer will refresh an extra time after restarting windows, thus showing the 'GUI' and 'tray icon' as intended.

One downside about this, is that explorer will open a new window every time Windows starts!

I may have found a possible solution for the missing tray icon..?

For me the tray icon of Eddie has started showing without the fix above. I noticed it started showing after having done two changes in Windows that maybe was conflicting with the startup of Eddie.

• I'm using "ExpressCache" on a SSD to make windows load faster. What I did was to clean the disk with "diskpart", thus flushing it and then re-partitioning the disk as cache storage.

• I'm currently using BitDefender as antivirus and was recently reinstalling after removing it.

I don't know which of these actions have solved the missing icon, but I think one of them did, and therefore I've mentioned both.

Now everything seem to be working with Eddie showing up (a bit delayed) as a tray icon while starting windows.

UPDATE!

The steps above has not solved Eddie's missing "tray icon".

It has clearly been an improvement from not showing at all, but still after having booted, the tray icon can be missing. It's still missing maybe 1 out of 4 times (more or less).