3 replies to this topic

#1 hund

hund

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:22 AM

Hello everyone!

I am using AirVPN on Fedora 25 and the first week it worked perfectly. But, as I got a router (D-Link DIR-868L) this week I have started noticing DNS Leaks occurring now and then, and if I bypass the router by connecting straight to wall the DNS leaks go away. It doesn't seem to matter what way I have of connecting to the VPN, I have tried Gnome-Network-Manager, Eddie and using the terminal and it is all the same.

How can I fix this?

#2 Khariz

Khariz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:33 PM

I'm not much of a Linux guy, so I can't help with your actual problem, but until you solve it, you can set the DNS servers on your router to something like OpenDNS, and then you should only be leaking those servers instead of your ISP DNS.  That's a short term bandaid until you fix the underlying issue.

#3 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2478 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:27 AM

I faintly remember some setting on D-Link routers doing this. I can't find the thread anymore. Switching it off or flashing OpenWRT firmware fixed this.

Always remember:
There's a guide to AirVPN,

Amazon IPs are not dangerous here,
running TOR exits is discouraged,

using spoilers for your logs is the proper way to heaven.
Same issues are rare! Search for solutions and if not successful open your own threads.

~ Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. ~

#4 hund

hund

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 05:21 PM

Thanks for the replies.

OpenWRT is unfortunately not available for D-Link DIR-868L, maybe DD-WRT would also fix it. I will report anything I find.