Not connected, Your IP: 3.237.44.242

Hi,

I am fairly new to AirVPN and I am very pleased to say it has installed and worked very well on my Linux machine on the occasions that I have used it.

My question/suggestion is fairly simple: Is there some sort of countdown timer in the software/website to inform me to when my current plan expires?

I see that there is an expiry day and date, but not hours and minutes, at least as far as I can tell. Am I missing something, or is this a valid suggestion?

The reason why I ask this is because, when using P2P, I get free usage from 00.00 until 08.00.

If my plan is due to run out on a particular day, I can't really determine when to schedule a shut down on my P2P client before running into "paid for" mb's/gb's as I don’t know at what hour it will expire.

Thanks

'Lillies

I'm pretty sure it expires as soon as it rolls over to the expiration date (probably on Italy time).  Is that really a concern though?  Are you buying three day packages or something?  Most people would have to worry about that once per year at most.

I've never seen my expiration time anywhere on the webpages as well. But there is a workaround:

The API.

You need to enable it first, but once you did that you can request the service userinfo which includes the expiration date in MySQL and UNIX format, MySQL containing the time in hh-mm-ss format. Sample URL for your browser could be:

https://airvpn.org/api/?format=web&key=YOURKEYHERE&service=userinfo

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.