Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.119.199
Cathnan

connect using Eddie with other connection already established

Hi everyone,

I have a desktop PC (Windows 10 64Bit) which establishes an OpenVPN connection to my own Server on startup. Furthermore I created a second TAP device, so my computer can connect to two VPN's simultaneously.

Since I don't use AirVPN permanently I use Eddie to privatize my connection when I need it. But because of my already established connection everytime I try to connect I get an error message saying OpenVPN is already running. Which of course is correct, but still annoying since I have to deactivate the connection to my Server, then connect to AirVPN and reconnect to my Server in order to surf the way I want it.

I already tried to specifically bind one of the devices to AirVPN or my own Server, but this didn't solve the problem. And I don't have another idea how I could solve this problem. When both connections are established everything works perfectly. I was just wondering if there is a way to skip this error message. 

Does somebody know a way to get around this error message, except from deactivating my other connection?

Take a look at the dev-node directive in the manpages:

--dev-node node
Explicitly set the device node rather than using /dev/net/tun, /dev/tun, /dev/tap, etc. If OpenVPN cannot figure out whether node is a TUN or TAP device based on the name, you should also specify --dev-type tun or --dev-type tap.

Under Mac OS X this option can be used to specify the default tun implementation. Using --dev-node utun forces usage of the native Darwin tun kernel support. Use --dev-node utunN to select a specific utun instance. To force using the tun.kext (/dev/tunX) use --dev-node tun. When not specifying a --dev-node option openvpn will first try to open utun, and fall back to tun.kext.

On Windows systems, select the TAP-Win32 adapter which is named node in the Network Connections Control Panel or the raw GUID of the adapter enclosed by braces. The --show-adapters option under Windows can also be used to enumerate all available TAP-Win32 adapters and will show both the network connections control panel name and the GUID for each TAP-Win32 adapter.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.