Not connected, Your IP: 3.239.57.87
greenclaydog

Hacking tools the FBI bought to crack the San Bernardino without Apples consent released to the public.

Was anyone surprised that this would eventually happen?

Apple warned the public that such a tool if created would be leaked to the public and used in malicious activities 

Now that it has happened, has anyone learned their lesson?

Doubtful. What are your thoughts on the subject?

For the past few years, my feeling has been that this war is probably never going to end. It's going to be a tech/encryption see-saw between the bad guys (the 3 letter agencies) and the good guys fighting those bastards. I'm trusting (perhaps naively, I don't know) that there will always be good people out in the shadows with the skills and knowledge to resist, frustrate, and ultimately defeat the surveillance goons. I choose to look at it this way-- I'm 60, and I truly never believed I would live to see the Soviet empire brought down. True, it crumbled from implosion rather than brought down from an external force. But HOW it dissolved doesn't matter. I heard for myself when Randi Rhodes declared her conviction that Amerika would never be brought down by an external enemy. If the Amerikan empire falls (and it will), it will implode from within.

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. —George Orwell

The further society drifts from truth the more it hates those who speak it. —George Orwell

A lie is as good as the truth when everyone believes.

No one ever lost a dime underestimating the intelligence of the amerikan public. {Generally attributed to H.L. Mencken}

THANK YOU: Russia Today; Edward Snowden; Julian Assange; John Kiriakou; Thomas Drake; William Binney; Ray McGovern; Kirk Wiebe; Matt Taibbi; Sputnik News

For the past few years, my feeling has been that this war is probably never going to end. It's going to be a tech/encryption see-saw between the bad guys (the 3 letter agencies) and the good guys fighting those bastards. I'm trusting (perhaps naively, I don't know) that there will always be good people out in the shadows with the skills and knowledge to resist, frustrate, and ultimately defeat the surveillance goons. I choose to look at it this way-- I'm 60, and I truly never believed I would live to see the Soviet empire brought down. True, it crumbled from implosion rather than brought down from an external force. But HOW it dissolved doesn't matter. I heard for myself when Randi Rhodes declared her conviction that Amerika would never be brought down by an external enemy. If the Amerikan empire falls (and it will), it will implode from within.

America is already collapsing from within as we speak. The recent election has literally had people beaten and bloodied in the streets. Half of this country is one way and the other half is the complete opposite. The country is polarized in a way not seen since the Civil War. At this point, I would say its only a matter of time before we reach the breaking point.

unless anything changes, I would expect this event would occur by 2070.

But, that's just a uneducated guess.

America is already collapsing from within as we speak. The recent election has literally had people beaten and bloodied in the streets. Half of this country is one way and the other half is the complete opposite. The country is polarized in a way not seen since the Civil War. At this point, I would say its only a matter of time before we reach the breaking point.

Interesting. Somewhere (was it /r/history? Not sure at all) I read that the end of the US will not be an attack from outside but an implosion similar to the end of the USSR.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Interesting. Somewhere (was it /r/history? Not sure at all) I read that the end of the US will not be an attack from outside but an implosion similar to the end of the USSR.

Abraham Lincoln predicted such a thing would occur during the times of the first Civil War. 

dbf65e4db877f904a2262400e078fb86.jpg