Not connected, Your IP: 54.234.136.147
snaggle

Allow LAN traffic on openvpn for Android

As the title says I'm trying to allow LAN traffic on my Android tablet. I use the tablet as my Kodi box and stream to my TV using the Cast screen feature. The problem I have is that the cast screen feature and openVPN can't run simultaneously. I would like to try allowing LAN traffic to see if I can fix this issue.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated as always.

Thanks team in advance.

The App OpenVPN for Android had this option in its configuration settings for the imported .ovpn file. The option appears under routing as "Bypass VPN for local networks" 

The App OpenVPN for Android had this option in its configuration settings for the imported .ovpn file. The option appears under routing as "Bypass VPN for local networks" 

Hi,

Yes I've seen this and tried it.

Unfortunately I still can't make it work.

It's starting to look like I'm just going to have to run kodi from my laptop.

Thanks.

I've been missing the obvious point, kodi is streaming on Airs network and the TV is on another network.

So allowing LAN traffic should work, whilst the incoming Kodi data remains inside the VPN tunnel.

Should... However it's failing somewhere :think:

Could someone point me in the right direction where the "Bypass VPN for local networks" is on the android App? I've scrolled through every option on the App without any luck.

Could someone point me in the right direction where the "Bypass VPN for local networks" is on the android App? I've scrolled through every option on the App without any luck.

Open the App and go to the list of Profiles you downloaded, there is an edit button on the right of them.

Press the edit button and under the heading 'Routing', you'll find Bypass VPN for Local Networks.

Thanks for the quick reply when i click on the right hand menu it only shows these options (see attached)