Not connected, Your IP: 13.58.39.23
Nonsense

Client hangs on "Checking route"

Hi,

I have VPN set up on my router, but sometimes I use GUI client (2.10.3) on top of that when I need to see something from a different IP.

As of yesterday, I am no longer able to connect to any of the servers via the client from any of my devices.

It hangs on 'checking route' for about a minute, then fails (log attached).

I tried un-checking "Check if the tunnel effectively works" checkbox, but then client hangs on "checking DNS".

If I also change DNS Switch mode to "Disabled", it connects, but then I lose DNS and can't resolve any websites.

None of this was ever a problem until yesterday.

Please help

log.txt

Hello!

Don't disable DNS switchmode. There's a corresponding "check AirVPN DNS" setting you can try to disable. You can also try to disable IPv6 on all adapters, including TAP .

But it's probably complicated a little by how you're doing a tunnel inside another tunnel.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Right, I tried that too (Switchmode = automatic, Check AirVPN DNS = checked), but that results in the same behavior.

Actually, I just tested a bit more and it seems that some sites do load, but extremely slow. Others (e.g. ipleak.net) don't load at all, even though I can ping them.

I can understand how tunnel inside a tunnel is more complicated, but this started happening literally yesterday, so obviously this is not normal behavior.

Did something change with AirVPN, and if not, could my ISP have done something to interfere with this, perhaps?