Not connected, Your IP: 52.91.255.225
Sign in to follow this  
Lordvpn

More forwarding port woes with DD-WRT router

Note that the setup in my signature is a different network, not related to this arrangement discussed below.

============================================================================================

• I have the relevant ports forwarded in the Client Area with the correct parameters, meaning the right protocol TCP/UDP and the local port (so that the Air VPN auto generated port number, will point towards the port of the service/program I am running on the server machine) which are 27015 and 7777 (using Ark Server hosting as the first service test).
  • In my router I have not set the ports as Air VPN says to avoid that.
  • My Windows firewall is also configured to allow connections on these ports for all programs though I also specified individual services as well.
  • If I have the VPN disconnected and am running with normal connection, every thing works as intended (provided I port forward at the router level).

When I query these ports from the outside, they are showing as closed. When I probe the services/programs at are using these ports to listen, I cannot see them.

I noted at the end of the 'how to port forward' guide on the forums, that it mentioned iptables: 

https://airvpn.org/topic/9270-how-to-forward-ports-in-dd-wrt-tomato-with-iptables/

This did not work.

Additionally, I found the following which you can add your DD-WRT commands/firewall script. This also did not work : 

insmod ipt_mark 
insmod xt_mark 
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i ! `get_wanface` -d `nvram get wan_ipaddr` -j MARK --set-mark 0xd001 
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -m mark --mark 0xd001 -j MASQUERADE 

I've long struggled with the port forwarding on Air VPN, sending in multiple tickets and they're response is always forth coming and quick, with useful information, but really it should be as simple as they make it out to be - you enter the port(and/or local port) you want to forward(e.g. let people connect to) and then apply it. That should be it.

Do I need to be arranging Eddie in a special way on the server box?

Old Setup:

pfSense 2.1.5 on :

Dell PowerEdge R860

2x Xeon E5620 @2.6ghz
16GB DDR3 EEC

Old ISP :

BT Infinity Clearnet - 79.5mbps BRAS ; 74.3mbps DS  / 20.0mbps US
AirVPN -------------- - --------------------  ; 69.0mpbs DS /  19.50mbps US