Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.244.44
terry yaki

ANSWERED BitTorrent issues: not seeding but weird uploads numbers + port closed

Hello,

I'm a new user trying to set up airVPN for my day to day use. I have two questions regarding torrents.

I was using Transmission while connected to airVPN and it was running fine until today, but I've just set up a forwarded port and I'm not seeding anymore (downloading is working normally) but at the same time Eddie (linux 2.11.9) shows uploads of about 1MB/s and my network manager also shows uploads, as if I was uploading through Transmission (doing nothing else), but Transmissions says "uploads: 0 kb/s. So is it just Transmission that is not displaying it? Or does it mean something else? It appears to only "upload" when I'm downloading, when there is not downloading activity, I see no upload stat in Eddie.

My other question is about trackers that require port forwarding. I had successfully set it up before using a VPN and now I followed the instructions to do it through airVPN (so disabling the forwarding on my router and setting up a port from airVPN's interface and using this one in Transmission).

Transmission shows the port as closed, though, and tests like this one http://canyouseeme.org/ also fail to detect an open port. And the tracker doesn't recognize me as connected. Is this normal? Am I missing something? This maybe (didn't really get if this was mandatory or just useful for these specific routers)?

https://airvpn.org/topic/9270-how-to-forward-ports-in-dd-wrt-tomato-with-iptables/

Thanks very much for your help,

Hello!

Welcome to AirVPN!

Maybe you didn't forward the ports and setup the other torrent settings correctly - there's some guides in the new user guide in my signature.

I can recommend qBittorent too, as a client.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Thanks for your reply,

I actually followed your guides to set everything up!

I just discovered my firewall hadn't saved the rule properly and it's fixed now, so everything is OK.

Thank you,