Not connected, Your IP: 3.138.125.2
Sign in to follow this  
Krim

Question about the Internet IP

I see that every time I connect I get the same IP address for the external connection. Is that just the external IP for the server I am going through, or is that one assigned to me, specifically? I know there is an "Internal" IP that I get assigned when connecting to the server via OpenVPN, but I am not sure about the external, which I know everyone can see.

Another question, I have seen a few mentions on this site about a correlation attack. Can you give me a little bit of detail about that, what I should watch out for, and how I can prevent such a thing from occurring?

I see that every time I connect I get the same IP address for the external connection. Is that just the external IP for the server I am going through, or is that one assigned to me, specifically? I know there is an "Internal" IP that I get assigned when connecting to the server via OpenVPN, but I am not sure about the external, which I know everyone can see.

Hello!

The exit-IP address is shared amongst all the users connected to a server.

Another question, I have seen a few mentions on this site about a correlation attack. Can you give me a little bit of detail about that, what I should watch out for, and how I can prevent such a thing from occurring?

Separate entry-IP and exit-IP addresses already protect you against certain attacks. Besides, do not forward ports on your router. This thread is quite extensive:

https://airvpn.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=3&id=1276&limit=6&limitstart=12&Itemid=142#1306

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information.

Kind regards

Thank you for the link. It's very reassuring to see how you guys take the time to explain concepts like this to your users. Are there any particular settings you guys would recommend enabling on the router, or on the modem, for additional security? I have an older cisco modem, newer router (E4000+ series). Also was wondering, I have not gone ahead and tried DD-WRT on my router but I was planning to in the future. Do you have a guide for that sort of setup at all?

Also, is there any way I can have my VPN service active from 2 separate locations, or can I have only 1 tunnel going per account?

As a side note, I am very pleased with your service. I have remained connected with no issues for days and am getting my full rated speed (15Mbps). I was trialing BTGuard before this and I would get random disconnects from their service. This is far cheaper, and far more reliable. Great job guys.

Thank you for the link. It's very reassuring to see how you guys take the time to explain concepts like this to your users. Are there any particular settings you guys would recommend enabling on the router, or on the modem, for additional security? I have an older cisco modem, newer router (E4000+ series). Also was wondering, I have not gone ahead and tried DD-WRT on my router but I was planning to in the future. Do you have a guide for that sort of setup at all?

Also, is there any way I can have my VPN service active from 2 separate locations, or can I have only 1 tunnel going per account?

As a side note, I am very pleased with your service. I have remained connected with no issues for days and am getting my full rated speed (15Mbps). I was trialing BTGuard before this and I would get random disconnects from their service. This is far cheaper, and far more reliable. Great job guys. :)

Hello!

Thank you for your nice words, they are much appreciated.

There are no additional or particular recommendations about your router apart from not forwarding ports when connected.

You can use your account on as many devices as you wish. Only one can connect at the same time. If you need multiple simultaneous connections from connected to your DD-WRT router devices, you will need to have your router connected to our servers. All the devices connected to said router will use the VPN tunnel to exchange packets outside your home/office network.

This is the guide:

https://airvpn.org/ddwrt

If you need simultaneous connections from devices on different networks, you will need additional accounts.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information or support.

Kind regards