5 replies to this topic

#1 Todd125

Todd125

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 06:07 PM

Hi

How can I split tunnels so for example my download manager connect directly to internet but my browser 

use airvpn?

Is it possible to add such feature to Eddie in future? 

Thanks

#2 zhang888

zhang888

Donald Trump of IT/Security

• Moderators
  • 2205 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:16 PM

This is not possible on Windows without special network hacks like ForceBindIP does:

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/bind-windows-application-to-specific-network-adapter-with-forcebindip/

On *nix it is possible with any firewall such as iptables.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

#3 jdcrownover

jdcrownover

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 09:58 PM

This MAY be the same question, but under split tunneling can't I exclude THUNDERBIRD email client from the VPN while allowing everything else? So far, that's the only program I have that VPN interferes with, and that's because the idiots at Google added an IP CHECK when you log in.

OH, if the answer is YES, how do I do that? I'm on a 3 day trial so I hope someone can answer quickly.

#4 zhang888

zhang888

Donald Trump of IT/Security

• Moderators
  • 2205 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 02:50 AM

You could probably exclude imap.gmail.com, smtp.gmail.com, gmail-imap.l.google.com and gmail-smtp-msa.l.google.com depends how your client is configured.

But note that they have a huge amount of servers and this is by no way tested.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

#5 Fly AirVPN

Fly AirVPN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:23 AM

In my experience, gmail IP check will reduce as you go forward. I use Thunderbird with gmail and there is no issue with being connected to VPN. There is no interdiction after gmail learned VPN is regular usage for my account.

#6 erdbeer45

erdbeer45

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:29 AM

Hi,

you are not planning to install SOCKS5 or/and HTTP proxies on (some of) your servers? That would enable using split tunneling in an easy way. I know some other VPN services that have bulit-in SOCKS5 or HTTP proxies on their servers.