Not connected, Your IP: 3.149.234.141
BorisGr

ANSWERED VPN config file for whole country

Hello to all,

i have a question regarding the usage of config files chosen by countries. Is there some kind of selection process when connecting with that config file?

For example we have now 7 servers based in CH. When i use the CH config file, is then one of those 7 servers randomly selected or is there some kind of selection, like it is done in eddie client (based on ping or speed)?

Thanks,

BG

I can't answer both of your questions directly. The config generator will always write remote ch.vpn.airdns.org into the config and as a result OpenVPN will connect to the best server chosen by the algorithm of Air (area.vpn.airdns.org resolves to the best server in area). So there is no real randomness here.

Your setup is not part of the equation in determining which server is the best, so it's also not done like in Eddie. But eventually you will find it can appear random to you.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

For randomness you can use country.all.vpn.airdns.org hostname. For "best" server at the time of connection, use country.vpn.airdns.org.

Best server is the one currently listed on the status page (under the Geographical distribution tab on the right).

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Thanks for your answers! 

So if i got it right, i just can create a config file based on the country i have chosen. The corresponding entry is then

remote country.vpn.airdns.org port

The client then would connect to the best vpn server based on the selection process done by airvpn.

Perfect, that is what i need

Thanks,

BG