Not connected, Your IP: 52.14.0.24
dubspore

Cannot login. (An exception occurred during a WebClient request.)

I just downloaded AirVpn today and I cannot even login.
The second I click login I get this error message, "Cannot Login. (An exception occured during a WebClient request.)

I've NEVER been able to get a VPN to work and have spent around $10 now on various VPN programs... Nothing has ever worked for me.

Please help!! I'm just trying to watch a damn movie and it is currently 5 in the morning! 

Log:

I 2016.11.29 05:45:13 - AirVPN client version: 2.10.3 / x64, System: Windows, Name: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0 / x64
. 2016.11.29 05:45:13 - Reading options from C:\Program Files\AirVPN\AirVPN.xml
. 2016.11.29 05:45:13 - Data Path: C:\Program Files\AirVPN
. 2016.11.29 05:45:13 - App Path: C:\Program Files\AirVPN
. 2016.11.29 05:45:13 - Executable Path: C:\Program Files\AirVPN\AirVPN.exe
. 2016.11.29 05:45:13 - Command line arguments (0):
. 2016.11.29 05:45:13 - Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
. 2016.11.29 05:45:13 - Updating systems & servers data ...
. 2016.11.29 05:45:13 - Cannot retrieve systems & servers data. Please retry later or contact us for help. (An exception occurred during a WebClient request.)
I 2016.11.29 05:45:13 - OpenVPN Driver - TAP-Windows Adapter V9, version 9.21.1
I 2016.11.29 05:45:13 - OpenVPN - Version: OpenVPN 2.3.8 (C:\Program Files\AirVPN\openvpn.exe)
I 2016.11.29 05:45:13 - SSH - Version: plink 0.63 (C:\Program Files\AirVPN\plink.exe)
I 2016.11.29 05:45:13 - SSL - Version: stunnel 5.17 (C:\Program Files\AirVPN\stunnel.exe)
! 2016.11.29 05:45:13 - Ready
I 2016.11.29 05:45:14 - Checking login ...
F 2016.11.29 05:45:14 - Cannot login. (An exception occurred during a WebClient request.)

PLEASE HELP!!!

Hello!

If you've never been able to get a VPN to work(!), that strongly suggests a problem on your system. You can contact Air Support here. Just don't call in an airstrike .

Are you running any 3rd party security software? By the looks of it, the Air ICMP got blocked somehow. If so, try adding airvpn.exe, openvpn.exe and tap.exe to any and all exceptions lists of those programs. Otherwise simply download the Experimental client, as it works better with such 3rd party software. Links can be found in the guide in my signature. Sometimes it can also work to change your password on the website, to something shorter and then try to login with the Air program .

Edit: Welcome to AirVPN by the way!

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

I'm sorry for the total newbieness ahead of time. 

Define third party security software? I have Opera VPN set up but that's just precautionary. I also have AVG. I allowed airvpn.exe, openvpn.exe and tap.exe on my firewall (allowed apps) and on AVG exceptions and it still is not working. I also rebooted my computer and still nothing. I noticed in inbound rules that there are duplicates of each exe for domain and private, none for public.. However my WIFI is set to a public network out of error that I never fixed. Could this be interfering? If not, could this be some kind of virus because I noticed many strange looking inbound rules.

I'm not mad or anything I just really want to get this to work. Is this experimental client the Eddie client I've been reading about? I don't want to confuse the situation any more than it already is by using new clients. But if I must... 

Haha, no worries. All questions are welcome. I like new people.

Third party security software is exactly stuff like AVG . You're already using the Eddie client. It's just that the Experimental client is a Beta version of that client. It has some new features in it, which allow it to potentially work better together with software like AVG and thus potentially run into less problems. If you're concerned about your firewall rules, you could always reset the rules, by going to Control Panel>System & Security>Windows Firewall>Reset/restore defaults. I doubt you have a virus - but I don't know your system in detail . I don't know if the Opera VPN makes changes to the system, but I imagine it's probably a good idea to shut it down, while troubleshooting. It should also be fine, whether or not your WiFi is set to Public or Private - it's just a preset of sorts. I think the most important thing is making sure neither AVG nor your firewall and/or other software is blocking Airs software. But sometimes troubleshooting the exact cause is quite tedious and thus a reset is often the simpler, quicker solution.

So

• Make sure your password doesn't contain any special characters, as it can sometimes cause problems.
  • You can try reset your Windows firewall.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

So I tried using the config files with OPN GUI and it just stays on connecting and never connects tried the alternative servers and the tcp and u.. servers port 443. . I still am not able to login after turning off both my AVG and firewall. I'm close to giving up on this. 

By the way, you can always contact support.

These techy things can take time .

But you said you wanted to watch movies - I sure hope it's not Netflix hah.

By the way, are you using Network Lock?