Not connected, Your IP: 54.225.24.249

Hello!

Because Android is based on Linux.

Air also elaborates on the difference between the various apps .

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Copied from one of my conversations with someone else:

I was using OpenVPN Connect before I discovered OpenVPN for Android, mostly because I prefer FOSS over any proprietary software but also because I liked the ease of use and versatility of OpenVPN for Android. Basically, both clients don't differ except for the one being official and the other being fully open source because both can connect to any servers and are very stable. If you look more closely you will notice big differences.

Logs can be accessed easier in the unofficial app. Further more, every saved profile can have it's own settings which are editable before you connect. Building a UI like that is nice; if you experience problems, change the port, the protocol, the IP/hostname, apply custom routing rules or write down some custom directives for OpenVPN to use when connecting. You can even force it to use custom DNS servers with a setting in the UI, ignoring everything it gets from the server. And it rocks and is truly kick-ass. Versatile as fuck. I love it.

With Connect, I needed a separate ovpn file for every connection method. If I wanted to use TCP instead of UDP on port 443 I would need a second config file to make it connect to TCP - or go into the app's /data folder (you need a good file manager capable of root access, and of course root itself; see how complicated it gets?) and change it in the config file there. Long story short, there's no UI for changing these settings, more precisely, for changing any settings.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Yes,, when "OpenVPN for Android" will implement a reliable "Seamless Tunnel" feature like openvpn-connect does, it will become probably a superior choice. Both use PolarSSL anyway.

Kind regards