Not connected, Your IP: 35.172.223.130

I am currently on a trial with AVPN and I have a couple questions about speeds.

I have a 100Mbps symmetrical connection and on every server that I have connected to I am only getting around 50/80. 5818916021.png

I understand that using crypto is going to give some diminished speeds, but is this normal? I have noticed that most of the servers that I am connecting are at <10% utilization. I assumed I would be able to get closer to line speed.

I have also tried switching to UDP/TCP and a couple different ports like 2018 and 53.

Is this expected behaviour or is something wrong?

route

Did you try OpenVPN over SSL? I usually recommend users to connect via any protocol that use ports 80 or 443. It is possible that your ISP is throttling OpenVPN connections.

"I don't see myself as a hero because what I'm doing is self-interested: I don't want to live in a world where there's no privacy and therefore no room for intellectual exploration and creativity." - Edward Snowden

"The Internet is by the people, for the people." - Kim Dotcom

Did you try OpenVPN over SSL? I usually recommend users to connect via any protocol that use ports 80 or 443. It is possible that your ISP is throttling OpenVPN connections.

Thank you for your reply.

5819113208.png

Seems like it is even worse.

I am currently on a trial with AVPN and I have a couple questions about speeds.

I have a 100Mbps symmetrical connection and on every server that I have connected to I am only getting around 50/80. 5818916021.png

I understand that using crypto is going to give some diminished speeds, but is this normal? I have noticed that most of the servers that I am connecting are at <10% utilization. I assumed I would be able to get closer to line speed.

I have also tried switching to UDP/TCP and a couple different ports like 2018 and 53.

Is this expected behaviour or is something wrong?

route

I often have speed problems myself and when I test SSL the SSL tunnel it's worse, just like your experience.    It's usually the transit/peer provider that's struggling, not my ISP.

Have you tried only the same location or many different locations?  The goal is to find a server that is learned by a different transit/peer provider than the one that's giving you problems.

Thank you for your reply.

5819113208.png

Seems like it is even worse.

If you are running Windows, try using https://sourceforge.net/projects/winmtr/ or another application to test for packet loss to servers that you are having speed issues with. You may have low grade packet loss which can cause the issue you are having. You will also be able to see the amount of hops it takes to reach the server (though this can be done via traceroute, natively) and the more hops, the bigger risk of having speed issues.

"I don't see myself as a hero because what I'm doing is self-interested: I don't want to live in a world where there's no privacy and therefore no room for intellectual exploration and creativity." - Edward Snowden

"The Internet is by the people, for the people." - Kim Dotcom