Not connected, Your IP: 3.140.185.123

Hi there, 

I want to use Remote Desktop on a windows machine, but not open the remote desktop port to the internet. A solution for this is a setting up a 'virtual private network'. So basically connect to the same virtual network with two different machines and use this connection as a virtual cable between the two. DynVPN is a service wich offers a solution for creating this kind of networks. See: https://www.dynvpn.com/ 

Is this also possible with AirVPN? Can I connect two computers to AirVPN and setup a remote desktop session between the two using the internal ip's? If so can you point me in the right direction for how to do this?

Thanks in advance! 

I've not had any issues using Remote Desktop with Airvpn running either on my private network or accessing it from outside of the network. There is no need for port forwarding or any other setup when setting up internal RDP sessions. Just open RDP and put in the computer name or IP. Should be easy unless I'm not understanding the question. 

Can I connect two computers to AirVPN and setup a remote desktop session between the two using the internal ip's?

No because connected devices usually don't see each other on this network. Otherwise it'd be questionable from a security point of view.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I've not had any issues using Remote Desktop with Airvpn running either on my private network or accessing it from outside of the network. There is no need for port forwarding or any other setup when setting up internal RDP sessions. Just open RDP and put in the computer name or IP. Should be easy unless I'm not understanding the question. 

Thanks for the answer. I prefer to use RDP without opening the RDP-port to the internet, but I haven't found a way to do it with Airvpn yet. 

Thanks for the answer. I prefer to use RDP without opening the RDP-port to the internet, but I haven't found a way to do it with Airvpn yet.

Incoming RDP requires an open port to the internet, it doesn't matter if you use VPN or not.

You would supposed to have an open port on that machine even without VPN, in order to have clients connected to it.

Outgoing RDP doesn't require any setup, so you can connect to RDP servers from any VPN server.

If you still want to have an incoming RDP port, you can setup firewall rules and whitelist the remote IPs you would

like to connect from. Windows Firewall supports it and it's very easy to configure.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.