Not connected, Your IP: 18.227.114.125
Dizato

Airvpn - Speed problem AND possible fix...

Hello

Going to try to keep this short. Started using airvpn with a Win7 64Bit Ultima build, but had problems with speeds only reaching 5-15Mbit at most. My original connection Is 130Mbit Down and 30 Mbit up. So started to dig in the Forums for possible fixes.

After some time i managed with some tweeks to get 20-30Mbit at most. But that's another story..

Now I have installed Windows 10 Enterprise, running on build 1607, and I have actually managed to get 100Mbit down and 20Mbit up on the Ookla speedtest With Airvpn Connected.

When using the newsest TAP drivers 9.21.0 and newer, i only get 10mbit at best, normally just stable at 4Mbit.  So I tryed out the 9.9 series of tap drivers.

After trying out the 9.9.2_3 TAP driver + setting "media status" to allways Connected in the Device manager and buffersize in eddie to 512kb. I get stable 100Mbit from any of the servers avaible, dont matter if it's sweden or netherland and so on.

The problem Is that If I exit Eddie to use my normal Connection, the Ethernet Controller gets stuck with a 10.4. something dns setting.  If I dont delete that manuel DNS setting and set it to Automatic, i wont get any internet without using VPN.

After deleting the DNS setting in my Ethernet Controller, i can use my regular internet. But when I then try to start up Eddie to use VPN, the speed Is all the way Down to 10Mbit again  -.- .........

So If i then uninstall TAP driver, and reinstall It, i get the stable 100Mbit again ..... But If I'm going to need to do this all the time, I'm going to go crazy..

Any ideas of what I can do? Because now I know It's not the router, it's not the computer. It's actually the tap driver that's causing all the problems for me 

Cheers guys!  Thanks for any help!

Hello!

Please try the Beta client . Do remember to shut down Eddie via its own menus - were you doing this? Because if not, then that's why it gets stuck with that DNS setting, as it doesn't have time to restore things if shut down incorrectly. You could also route some things outside the VPN in the exclusion lists if you want - that way, you can run the VPN while also having some things go outside the tunnel.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Hello!

Please try the Beta client . Do remember to shut down Eddie via its own menus - were you doing this? Because if not, then that's why it gets stuck with that DNS setting, as it doesn't have time to restore things if shut down incorrectly. You could also route some things outside the VPN in the exclusion lists if you want - that way, you can run the VPN while also having some things go outside the tunnel.

Hello, thanks for the reply!  Well I allways close eddie with eddie, but noticed one thing!

If i install the 9.9.2_3 and get my 100Mbit, then when i close the app the dns gets stuck. When I then start eddie up again, i get my slow 4 mbit Connection, but If I then close the app. The dns don't get stuck in the Ethernet adapter.

What beta driver? New'est Version I have tried is: 9.21.2 (NDIS 6).

Cheers

So you didn't try the Beta? There's bug-fixes in the Beta client, not beta driver. I like the Beta version of Eddie .

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.