Not connected, Your IP: 3.238.233.189
cloudsora

Can't break 1MB/s up or down after uninstalling antivirus

So I uninstalled my Bitdefender because the licence was up recently and everything has been faster... except my airvpn speeds. I used to be able to easily get 5+ up down but now I'm barely breaking 100KB/s with and without Network lock on and my regular network speeds have remained the same so I don't know what's up at all.

If you need any extra details I'll be sure to post them.

Hello!

Which OS is this? You could try resetting windows firewall for one thing and check that nothing else, including other programs, could be blocking AirVPN. Maybe it's worth running a cleaning utility as well, such as CCleaner; both for maintenance in general, but also to make sure there's no left over files hanging around from the uninstall.

Otherwise you could also try reinstalling the Air software and/or installing the Beta client. The Beta is better able to handle 3rd party security programs too. Lastly, you could also attach some logs if you wish.

Sent to you from me with datalove

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Sorry about that dunno why I didn't post my OS. Win 7.

Running CCleaner and stuff because I actually haven't done that since my uninstall.

By resetting you mean restoring Windows Firewall defaults?

Yes :

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

So I think I figured out what is causing the issue but not exactly what the issue is, my ports don't seem to be forwarding anymore... this whole this is bizarre to me that after getting rid of an antivirus/firewall I now have issues with AirVPN.

Here's my log if that helps: 

Wait wait wait, you must've clicked on the lifebelt icon. Hurry and change it, because by doing so, your login and password are included in the logs. Change this immediately. I urge you to change your password - I don't want to know it. Nice hostname though lol. You can provide logs without making them as detailed as this, if you don't click the lifebelt icon.

You can test forwarded ports in the Client Area here on the site. Also, did you reset Windows Firewall? It can help sometimes.

Deleted as soon as you said that but I double checked and it was omitted, also thanks.

I never had a problem with forwarded ports before and that's what I was testing them on. I reset windows firewall and got the beta client, ccleaner'd stuff up but it didn't seem to help.

Eddie_20161027_192411.txt

Did you try different servers and/or protocols? Also, are you simply using the Air speedtest to measure things?

You could also try in Internet Explorer to Organise > Folder & Search Options > View > put a check in the "Show Hidden Files, Folders and Drives" and uncheck "Hide Protected Operating System Files (recommended)" then check through and delete from your x86 or/and x64 Programs folders as well as your Users folders especially in the Local options for remnants of BitDefender which remain on your PC. Just remember to reverse the above checkmarks to hide them again.