Not connected, Your IP: 3.141.8.247
Herzen

From a non-uk vpn server, on and off during any day, I can not access any .uk site.

Hello,

The title says it all. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Perhaps GCHQ is stretching its wings prior to the imminent passing of the latest 'Snoopers Charter'

Regards

Hello!

What do you mean by cannot access? Are you getting any specific error message or such? I assume you're also using AirVPNs DNS. I haven't experienced that problem - maybe you could mention a couple of example sites that you can't access, so that we can test it.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Thank you LZ1 for your reply. I use pfsense firewall which is set to only connect through AirVpn. I have to specify an individual server, which I change on a regular basis. It is usually one of the dutch servers. As an example of a problem connection www.amazon.co.uk. However as you commented 'am I using Airvpn DNS' to that point I will need to investigate. As I said access to .uk sites comes and goes with no pattern that I can determine. I could, of course use one of the AirVPN UK servers but quite frankly I have the feeling that somehow these servers will have or will be compomised by GCHQ.

Hi guys,

I've just come to the forum as I've been experiencing the same issue, which seems to be related to name resolution.  

Since yesterday I am running pfsense, set up using pfsense_fans excellent guide, and have connected to AirVPN's Pielone server.   This is working very well, except the dns won't resolve .co.uk domain names for LAN clients.  What's weird is that if I use the 'pfsense > diagnostics > dns lookup' function the uk domains return the correct IP's ???

As a temporary fix I changed the DNS server from the recommended 10.4.0.1 to a different server in the pfsense > general tab, and this fixes the issue.

Also connecting to the same AirVPN server from my phone 4G connection the Uk domains resolve OK.   

All other domain names seem to resolve as expected wherever.

I'm confused :^o

I am also having the same issue. The AirVPN DNS server intermittently fails to resolve .uk domains. I had to reconfigure my router to fallback to an alternate DNS, which resolved the issue.

I was having this exact same issue - often .co.uk domains would not get resolved when using airvpn dns through the vpn. 

After some investigation I found that disabling DNSSEC in my router (I'm using pfSense) stops this happening.  Since making this setting change I've not had any issues at all with uk domains - and also BBC iPlayer has worked much more reliably (even through non-Uk servers). 

So perhaps try disabling DNSSEC - and report back.

Cheers.