• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 XN8839793

XN8839793

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:40 AM

Sometimes use TOR for looking up things and usually FireFox because I was an old Netscape user for many years.

#42 whiskey_76

whiskey_76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 07:20 PM

I've been using firefox will about:config modifcations and some extensions. Also, I have been using Chromium for some websites that are more heavy on flash but only one or two. However, even with most of the privacy settings turned to off I'm always slightly wary while I'm using Chromium. Today I tried out a new browser called "Brave". So far I like the privacy options on the browser and I find no WEB RTC leaks when disable all finger printing is turned on. Does anyone on here have enough experience with this browser? Are there any modifictions I should know to use while using my VPN with the Brave browser?

https://brave.com/features/

Edit:

Then I came across this page as well. Apparently the source is based on Chromium but they claim Brave does not call back to Google or their Webstore. Is there any way to check the validity of such a statement?

https://brave.com/development-plans-for-upcoming-release/

#43 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2520 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:45 PM

Is there any way to check the validity of such a statement?

Sniff the network, look which domains and IPs are requested.

Always remember:
There's a guide to AirVPN,

Amazon IPs are not dangerous here,
running TOR exits is discouraged,

using spoilers for your logs is the proper way to heaven.
Same issues are rare! Search for solutions and if not successful open your own threads.

~ Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. ~

#44 whiskey_76

whiskey_76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 01:56 AM

Is there any way to check the validity of such a statement?

Sniff the network, look which domains and IPs are requested.

Your advice definitely makes sense. However, I have never actually done something like that before. Is it relatively simple? I imagine there could also be a config file somewhere that would tell that information too?

#45 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2520 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:57 AM

Unfortunately, some knowledge about computer networks is required. Also, sniffers such as Wireshark are not too easy to understand. I'd gladly give you some links, but I'm not at home. :)

Sent via Tapatalk. Means, I don't have a computer available now.

Always remember:

Same issues are rare! Search for solutions and if not successful open your own threads.

#46 uxs

uxs

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 09:56 AM

My primary browser is Firefox.

Add-ons are uBlock Origin, Decentraleyes, HTTPS Everywhere, Cookie AutoDelete and Violentmonkey.

#47 telemus

telemus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:02 AM

Hi there.

I'm a novice at this internet thingy, but have to use it to do research. I read a security leaflet somewhere and my work also sent me on a "be safe on the web" workshop; I can't seem to find the leaflet now but I do the following - on a ubuntu 16.04 machine:

- I have several profiles on firefox. one is for web mail, one for my banking and another for browsing and downloading media. Cookies clear automatically in each profile but in the one I use for banking I have no apps loaded. For the other ones I do have a couple of apps - adguard, is one - and also no script. I have webrtc disabled. And a canvas/fingerprint blocker.

- I also use the latest Opera. It is great is I need to print a page - nice neat prints. I also have it set to delete all cookies, block finger prints etc.

- I have chromium, but rarely use it. Again, set up to delete cookies etc.

I always connect to the internet  I via a vpn.

I'm considering moving across to either using the ToR browser (without ToR) or the jondo browser if it is ever updated.

Thanks for reading.

#48 ruler2016

ruler2016

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:58 AM

for anything sensitive I use TOR and airVPN.

for normal work I use latest FireFox ESR + no scipt, https everywhere, self-destructin cookies, uBlock Origin.

problem is I think I read that current ESR is coming to an end very soon and they will start using that new "look" from FF v60+ wich for me is terrible. and also I can't use many add-ons on that :-(.

what's up with new noscript on new FF v60+. it looks terrible. I don't have a clue how to use it and to me it seems it lacks many of options.

P.S. what are the advantages of waterfox? can you use add-ons as on ESR? are they updating often and can you get it to look as older FFs?

#49 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2520 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 July 2018 - 06:45 AM

Yes to all three points.

Always remember:

#50 whiskey_76

whiskey_76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:07 PM

The latest version of the Brave browser has an option to use Tor in a private tab. What do you guys think? Is it an easy way to use airvpn and tor together or would that be unwise?

#51 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2520 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:13 PM

If it works, it's only Tor over VPN. VPN over Tor is still only possible with Eddie so far.

Always remember:

#52 tahmoh

tahmoh

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:40 AM

Google Chrome. It's fast and customizable

new gmail sign up account, 192.168.1.1 login

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: firefox, chromium, google chrome, opera, vivaldi, pale moon, web browser, browser

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Servers online. Online Sessions: 12882 - BW: 40094 Mbit/sYour IP: 54.162.133.222Guest Access.