Not connected, Your IP: 34.204.3.195
oliver458

Trying to make World of warcraft go outside AirVPN tunnel.

Hello,

Blizzard, the creator of World of warcraft, doesn't like people using VPN (They often ban people using VPN) because of hackers and gold sellers often using this services.

I want to make WoW bypass AirVpn.  

I've tried both with up to 4 specific IP addresses (Looking at windows resources monitor) at once and i've tried with ranges inside the range i've seen world of warcraft servers having IP addresses within. 

But i can see that my ping goes up to 200 ms within the game (Using a far away VPN server, i normally have ~20 ms), thus indicating this bypass is not working - Why is that?

Hello,

Blizzard, the creator of World of warcraft, doesn't like people using VPN (They often ban people using VPN) because of hackers and gold sellers often using this services.

I've tried both with up to 4 specific IP addresses (Looking at windows resources monitor) at once and i've tried with ranges inside the range i've seen world of warcraft servers having IP addresses within. 

But i can see that my ping goes up to 200 ms within the game (Using a far away VPN server, i normally have ~20 ms), thus indicating this bypass is not working - Why is that?

You cannot use the VPN and have applications reliably go outside the VPN tunnel. AirVPN has not implemented any such function as OpenVPN is based on the routing table, which essentially serves to funnel traffic into the tunnel and outside of the view of your ISP based on destination ip address. Since games like World of Warcraft have many game servers with many different IP addresses and you wont ever really know which one they assign you it is likely more trouble than its worth. My advice to you would be to run a VM through the VPN and keep the host OS connected so that you can play on the game and use the VPN at the same time. Personally i think AirVPN should implement a system that locally filters traffic out of the client based on which program it originates from, however im certain there is most likely a handful of technical issues with such a concept.

if you're using the beta app I believe it has a bug with policy routing right now.  but I may have misunderstood.

I'm afraid that im just using the normal 2.10.3 app.

Hello,

You cannot use the VPN and have applications reliably go outside the VPN tunnel. AirVPN has not implemented any such function as OpenVPN is based on the routing table, which essentially serves to funnel traffic into the tunnel and outside of the view of your ISP based on destination ip address. Since games like World of Warcraft have many game servers with many different IP addresses and you wont ever really know which one they assign you it is likely more trouble than its worth. My advice to you would be to run a VM through the VPN and keep the host OS connected so that you can play on the game and use the VPN at the same time. Personally i think AirVPN should implement a system that locally filters traffic out of the client based on which program it originates from, however im certain there is most likely a handful of technical issues with such a concept.

Thanks for the reply, do you mean use everything but WoW inside the VM?

But ye - I wish you could just filter out traffic from specific applications.

To expand on the VM solution: If you are on a Linux machine you can try Linux containers (lxc) to contain the app and openvpn. HOWEVER, i am experimenting with this right now trying to get only deluge running through the Vpn. I think -netlock may not work here. I'll be testing more today. This may need it's own post.

if you're using the beta app I believe it has a bug with policy routing right now.  but I may have misunderstood.

It doesn't recognize CIDR addresses which makes OP's plan difficult to accomplish. Blizzard has a whole AS.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.