Not connected, Your IP: 3.88.254.50
DeeeePIMPact

PFsense AirVPN IP is 1 number different than what's in Client Area?

Hello,  I haave been having a VERY weird issue. My Ip listed in PFsense under OpenVPN Client UDP is differnet than what is listed in the client area on www.airvpn.org/

​For instance my Pfsense OpenVPN Client IP:

Client UDP

Thu Sep 29 5:40:06 2016

BUT when I go to www.AirVPN.org and go to the client area it shows my IP as:

1 Alwaid    Canada, Toronto, Ontario     24m 58s ago     5 MB     2 MB     291 B/s     309 B/s     184.75.221.115

​also when I google "what is my ip" the 184.75.221.115 shows up.  AND again whenever I do a DNS test...

How and Why is PFsense connecting to a different AirVPN IP?

​This hasn't always been this way,  when I initially set all this up it was NOT like this... Very Weird. 

​THANK YOU FOR ANY AND ALL HELP!

Hello,

as advertised each VPN server has one entry and one exit IP address. They are different to prevent various correlation attacks.

Kind regards

I am still experiencing anomalies that are making me feel a little uneasy.  I understand that the IP shown in pfsense is a exit node.  My confusion lays in the fact before I update pfsense these ip's the ip shown in pfsense and the ip shown in AirVPN client area are the same.  MUCH like when I use the AirVPN client software to connect to a AirVPN server. 

When I use the AirVPN client software that is provided through this website, the ip shown in the software and the ip shown at ipleak.net are identically the same. JUST like it is before I update Pfsense to a newer version. 

My concern happens after I update pfsense then all of a sudden when I don't use the AirVPN software provided her... My IP shown in PFsense is always 1 digit less than the IP shown in the AirVPN client area.  Why is there a difference between before updating pfsense and after and then again a difference between using the AirVPN client software and after updating pfsense?

I am afraid if there is a difference in ip addresses in pfsense and ipleak.net that there might be other exit ip's leaving my network without my knowledge....

I am still experiencing anomalies that are making me feel a little uneasy.  I understand that the IP shown in pfsense is a exit node.  My confusion lays in the fact before I update pfsense these ip's the ip shown in pfsense and the ip shown in AirVPN client area are the same.  MUCH like when I use the AirVPN client software to connect to a AirVPN server. 

When I use the AirVPN client software that is provided through this website, the ip shown in the software and the ip shown at ipleak.net are identically the same. JUST like it is before I update Pfsense to a newer version. 

My concern happens after I update pfsense then all of a sudden when I don't use the AirVPN software provided her... My IP shown in PFsense is always 1 digit less than the IP shown in the AirVPN client area.  Why is there a difference between before updating pfsense and after and then again a difference between using the AirVPN client software and after updating pfsense?

I am afraid if there is a difference in ip addresses in pfsense and ipleak.net that there might be other exit ip's leaving my network without my knowledge....

you must be mistaken.  Air has used a different exit IP from the entry IP for years (I think) now.

you must be mistaken.  Air has used a different exit IP from the entry IP for years (I think) now.

Confirmed: entry and exit-IP addresses have been different since 2011. They matched in some early beta version of the service, but at that time the service was limited to internal personnel - it was not public.

Kind regards