Photo

Mac OSX Power Nap feature

network lock osx mac eddie

Best Answer zhang888, 30 August 2016 - 04:43 PM

OSX network firewall is done in the Kernel, so as long as the Kernel is running (any step after the black Apple logo and until shutdown)

the rules will be enforced.

That simply means that Power Nap features will not work - since only basic Apple applications are waking up the machine and connect

to Apple services, which are not whitelisted in Network Lock. So they will fail to connect - because of the firewall rules.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kraecker

kraecker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 03:58 PM

Hello

I have a question about the OSX Power Nap feature. Does the network lock work when Power Nap is enabled in osx? Or does the IP leak during a Power Nap? 

#2 zhang888

zhang888

Donald Trump of IT/Security

• Moderators
  • 2097 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 04:43 PM   Best Answer

OSX network firewall is done in the Kernel, so as long as the Kernel is running (any step after the black Apple logo and until shutdown)

the rules will be enforced.

That simply means that Power Nap features will not work - since only basic Apple applications are waking up the machine and connect

to Apple services, which are not whitelisted in Network Lock. So they will fail to connect - because of the firewall rules.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

#3 kraecker

kraecker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 05:00 PM

Thank you