Not connected, Your IP: 3.239.15.34
SuZibar

AirVPN looking good so far

Sup guys,

So apparently to change my Display name I need one approved post, that being the first thing don't like about AirVPN. So yeah... started with the negative, sorry about that..

On with the review:

• Love how you guys are all techie and actually explain in great detail why you do what you do and how you do it... 
  • Really loving the open source AirVPN client! Its fast shows awesome statistics and was easy to get working on Windows, still working on Ubuntu but using the config generator for OpenVPN settings for now.
  • What I find a bit disappointing is that I cant get the 500Mbps speed that my ISP can provide or anything close to it. I tried a few servers and max I got was arround 100Mbps
  • Bit disappointed that you guys don't provide SOCKS proxy's or HTTP proxy's, however I did find a post where you explain why you do that.

Apart from that I'm still struggling to get the correct OpenVPN settings to get ThinLinc running on my Ubuntu VM, when I enable OpenVPN on that server I cant connect to the server from the internet. Believe it has something to do with the routes OpenVPN makes... still working on that... I'll probably make a topic in the forums for this.

So yeah that my review, loving the work you guys do and hope you guys keep it up! (Y)

Hello!

That's nice. I think Air prides itself on its tech-centric approach .

Have you increased your send and receive buffers to 256kb by the way? Perhaps higher even. You can also check which server is best for you, based on your location. Ask giganerd about BGP routes . Lastly, are you sure you don't need to forward some ports or something for your server?

Sent to you from me with datalove

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Sup guys,

So apparently to change my Display name I need one approved post, that being the first thing don't like about AirVPN. So yeah... started with the negative, sorry about that..

On with the review:

• Love how you guys are all techie and actually explain in great detail why you do what you do and how you do it... 
  • Really loving the open source AirVPN client! Its fast shows awesome statistics and was easy to get working on Windows, still working on Ubuntu but using the config generator for OpenVPN settings for now.
  • What I find a bit disappointing is that I cant get the 500Mbps speed that my ISP can provide or anything close to it. I tried a few servers and max I got was arround 100Mbps
  • Bit disappointed that you guys don't provide SOCKS proxy's or HTTP proxy's, however I did find a post where you explain why you do that.

Apart from that I'm still struggling to get the correct OpenVPN settings to get ThinLinc running on my Ubuntu VM, when I enable OpenVPN on that server I cant connect to the server from the internet. Believe it has something to do with the routes OpenVPN makes... still working on that... I'll probably make a topic in the forums for this.

So yeah that my review, loving the work you guys do and hope you guys keep it up! (Y)

The servers are 1Gbit/s inbound and outbound combined.  If you got near your ISP speed you'd max out a server by yourself.  So, I hope you understand that it's next to impossible.  But, I often see people around 200mbit/s in the top users area.  Anyway, this complaint tells me you're either inexperienced with VPN providers or you're just trolling.

Sup guys,

On with the review:

The servers are 1Gbit/s inbound and outbound combined.  If you got near your ISP speed you'd max out a server by yourself.  So, I hope you understand that it's next to impossible.  But, I often see people around 200mbit/s in the top users area.  Anyway, this complaint tells me you're either inexperienced with VPN providers or you're just trolling.

Sup guys,

On with the review:

I'd personally like to add that, there are no speed limits on any of the servers, you being unable to go above 100Mbps is possibly due to hardware, OpenVPN can only run on one core and how fast it can encrypt and decrypt depends on your speed per core, if your core speed isn't fast enough to go above 100Mbps it won't happen.

I do love a good troll, but my intent was not to troll.

Anyways

5540506784.png

Is the speed I get with Gienah.

This is what I get without AirVPN:

5540515337.png

All cores of my PC don't hit 100% when running any of the speed tests

However I can live with 100Mbps was just putting it out there that if you say no speed limit on the server I would appreciate it not to see a limit on the servers.... 

Yeah; that is because OpenVPN runs on a single CPU core

What I find fascinating is the fact that you can get 500 MBit lines in NL. I wouldn't believe you if you told me it's a residential line

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I do love a good troll, but my intent was not to troll.

Anyways

5540506784.png

Is the speed I get with Gienah.

This is what I get without AirVPN:

5540515337.png

However I can live with 100Mbps was just putting it out there that if you say no speed limit on the server I would appreciate it not to see a limit on the servers.... 

Speedtest.net isn't exactly the best speedtest I know, if you really wanna test your speed to the limits I'd recommend trying the Steam client and download a game they can reach your maximum speeds possible.

It is looking good so far, pretty straight forward site. Started using VPN (or at least starting the plan, ha) today and friends advised to go with AirVPN. 

I'll let you know how setup goes later today...

Good grief. If I could only get 10% of those speeds I'd be a happy bunny. Started using AirVPN yesterday, and so far so good.

Results from my speed test on Alrai:

Down: 0.974 Mbit/s Out, 0.918 Mbit/s In (94%), 1MB - Up: 0.613 Mbit/s Out, 0.562 Mbit/s In (91%), 20MB - Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 06:02:26 GMT - Buffers: 1MB/20MB - Laps: 3, Time: 950.03 secs

As you can see, with a connection as slow as mine, using a VPN which has a negligible impact on speed is quite important!