Not connected, Your IP: 3.215.77.96
airvpnclient

Suggestion: Add "iptables-save" output to the config generator

When setting up OpenVPN on a linux openvpn client to use AirVPN, I use the config generator to get the openvpn config, but it does not provide me with the firewall rules that I need.

In order to prevent leaks, I also set up iptables on my server by:

1. running the eddie client on a linux desktop system; and,

2. using command line tools to export the iptables config. 

Good instructions for porting rules between systems by taking advantage of the command "sudo iptables-save" can be found HERE:

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-migrate-iptables-firewall-rules-to-a-new-server

It would be a welcome addition to the configuration generator if saved rules could be bundled with the openvpn.conf file by the generator allowing for user selection of interfaces via the generator web form.

The config generator is naturally in charge of openvpn config files which are essential for connectivity, not for leaks

or any specific system configuration.

The interface names and numbers varies from system to system, and can have different variations on desktops and routers.

So there is no universal name (like ethX) you can put in a dropdown-like box to let the user select from it.

However there are many threads here for almost every Linux distribution and router firmware about how to do this right.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.