Not connected, Your IP: 3.237.65.102
NoiselessOwl

[Suggestion] Eddie to respect the Window shutdown procedure

I am a little annoyed the way Eddie holding up the Window Shutdown procedure and preventing it from shutting it down until it is approve by the user to shut down Eddie. I regularly shut down my PC with Chrome and few other program running and they will shut down if I initiate the shutdown. But Eddie will not shut down because it have "Do you really want to exit?" dialog preventing it to shut down. I often press my tower power button which initiate the shutdown procedure which I do it everyday or three times a day. I tend to press the button and walk away to do my thing before I leave the house then the last checklist is my PC to make sure it is properly shut down and I see it is still running. I need to check what is holding up the shutdown and it is Eddie. 

Hello !

You might not get much traction for that idea, because as the Staff will tell you (and it doubles as great advice for life, if you ever fancy being a hitman), that you must always kill Eddie with grace.

Which is, via it's own menus. It has been a bug that bad things will happen if you don't and I can confirm that. But on a practical level, it's due to Eddie needing time to save and/or restore various settings,

so that things work as intended afterwards and/or the next time Eddie is started. Network Lock is a good example of this, wherein it needs time to restore your firewall settings to their original settings.

However they're seemingly working on a different implementation for how NL handles windows & firewalls, so you might get lucky in this respect. However I think there's also various interactions with the

management portion of OpenVPN.exe that need to be communicated.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

You can disable the shutdown confirmation prompts with Eddie 2.11. Of course you'll have to live with the consequences of forcibly shutting down Eddie, LZ1 over there put together for you what you'd have to expect.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

You can disable the shutdown confirmation prompts with Eddie 2.11. Of course you'll have to live with the consequences of forcibly shutting down Eddie, LZ1 over there put together for you what you'd have to expect.

Which, for anyone curious, is the settings possibly going corrupt and login details being lost from the client.

When you exit Eddie, it will write all values to the AirVPN.xml. This method will not be called if "killed".

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.