Not connected, Your IP: 18.222.162.242
Staff

Eddie 2.11beta available

The newest beta client fixed the Mac OSX 10.12.3 issues I was having in the past with it hanging forever.  It now connects in less than 3 seconds.  I'm very impressed with the current beta client.

I am still having the very long connect times.  Latest Eddie under latest MacOS Sierra.  Any suggestions?  All settings are default.

Have you tried again since 2.11.10 came out just the other day? The one that is packaged with openvpn 2.4? I fully uninstalled/deleted the app, cleaned up any remnants from 2.11.9, installed 2.11.10 fresh and just hit automatically connect and it connected in about 2.5 seconds. I don't think I have any non-default settings, other than setting servers to only United States.

Would you be able to update the AirVPN homepage to show the current latest stable and beta builds as sometimes I miss the updates in the forums.

Thanks.

downloaded a copy in morning and in evening, now Eddie UI starts but is not able to connect and keeps retrying,

and

Ever since I updated to OpenVPN 2.4 & Eddie 2.11.10, I haven't been able to connect to the AirVPN servers. I've attached my log. Any help would be appreciated.

Please report the output of the following command:
lsattr /etc/resolv*
thanks.

downloaded a copy in morning and in evening, now Eddie UI starts but is not able to connect and keeps retrying,

and

>Ever since I updated to OpenVPN 2.4 & Eddie 2.11.10, I haven't been able to connect to the AirVPN servers. I've attached my log. Any help would be appreciated.

Please report the output of the following command:
lsattr /etc/resolv*
thanks.

$ lsattr /etc/resolv*
----i---------e---- /etc/resolv.conf
--------------e---- /etc/resolv.conf.airvpn
--------------e---- /etc/resolv.conf.bak
--------------e---- /etc/resolvconf.conf

$ lsattr /etc/resolv*
----i---------e---- /etc/resolv.conf
--------------e---- /etc/resolv.conf.airvpn
--------------e---- /etc/resolv.conf.bak
--------------e---- /etc/resolvconf.conf

With
chattr -i /etc/resolv.conf
your issue still occur? thanks.

With
chattr -i /etc/resolv.conf
your issue still occur? thanks.

I've to run it as root, after that works, Eddie connecting again

however Servers score stars remain white and switching from Speed to Latency seems does not have any effect, latency has 6 cypher (e.g. 246485)

Can confirm this fixes my issue as well, had relatively the same output. Perhaps a method to automatically fix this issue could be added to Eddie?

Under antergos (package download from AUR) using last eddie (2.11.10), I can't start the application:

​Unhandled Exception:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'Lib.Common, Version=2.11.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

​Does anyone else have this issue?

Under antergos (package download from AUR) using last eddie (2.11.10), I can't start the application:

​Unhandled Exception:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly or one of its dependencies.

The new version has Lib.Common.dll and it's missing from the PKGBUILD.

Fixed it by adding line:

install -Dm644 "$srcdir/usr/lib/AirVPN/Lib.Common.dll" "$pkgdir/usr/lib/AirVPN/Lib.Common.dll"

​Unhandled Exception:

The new version has Lib.Common.dll and it's missing from the PKGBUILD.

Fixed it by adding line:

install -Dm644 "$srcdir/usr/lib/AirVPN/Lib.Common.dll" "$pkgdir/usr/lib/AirVPN/Lib.Common.dll"

Solved thanks!

Hi,
I am very happy with 2.11.10. It works much better on my macbook air. It also solved some bugs I had with latency scores not showing up on a Macbook.

Nevertheless, I have had a crash on my macbook air (spinning wheel only on Eddie) which needed me to Force Quit the Eddie application. When I relaunched Eddie, it was impossible for me to connect, It would always fail at the "checking route" phase.

I have tried to log out of macOS and log back in to see if that helped. It didn't. The first log is taken after this phase.

Eddie_20170113_101151.txt

I then rebooted and Eddie connected on the first try - see new log file.

Eddie_20170113_101659.txt

It would be great if Eddie could clean up everything that was left after a crash. In the meantime, what could I do to avoid rebooting?

Regards,

catkfr

Hi,

I am very happy with 2.11.10. It works much better on my macbook air. It also solved some bugs I had with latency scores not showing up on a Macbook.

Nevertheless, I have had a crash on my macbook air (spinning wheel only on Eddie) which needed me to Force Quit the Eddie application. When I relaunched Eddie, it was impossible for me to connect, It would always fail at the "checking route" phase.

I have tried to log out of macOS and log back in to see if that helped. It didn't. The first log is taken after this phase.

attachicon.gifEddie_20170113_101151.txt

attachicon.gifEddie_20170113_101659.txt

It would be great if Eddie could clean up everything that was left after a crash. In the meantime, what could I do to avoid rebooting?

Regards,

catkfr

Am having similar, checking authorization. Also, many random disconnects, followed by the checking route authorization DNS loop.

Hi,

attachicon.gifEddie_20170113_101151.txt

attachicon.gifEddie_20170113_101659.txt

Regards,

catkfr

Am having similar, checking authorization. Also, many random disconnects, followed by the checking route authorization DNS loop.
I'm also having checking authorization and disconnect issues running macOS 10.12.2 and eddie 2.11.10.

Can confirm this fixes my issue as well, had relatively the same output. Perhaps a method to automatically fix this issue could be added to Eddie?

Yes, in the next version. 

however Servers score stars remain white and switching from Speed to Latency seems does not have any effect, latency has 6 cypher (e.g. 246485)

I send to you a PM some days ago, please check.

Hi. Every time i close eddie even though the icon disappears from the taskbar it's still running so when you try and run it again it's saying it's already running and you have to kill it from taskbar. 

Hi. Every time i close eddie even though the icon disappears from the taskbar it's still running so when you try and run it again it's saying it's already running and you have to kill it from taskbar. 

Are you closing it from its own menus or just clicking an X?

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Are you closing it from its own menus or just clicking an X?

Right click the icon and select exit.

I always click on disconnect and after it does that I click on the X and when the box asking for confirmation appears I click yes and I have never had a problem closing down AirVPN doing it that way. It used to hang for a few seconds in the previous Beta but that is fixed in this one. Also doing it like that never seems to give me DNS problems when running my PC without AirVPN.

Thanks.

Couple of general comments:

1) Simplifying the versioning at some point might make sense. Latest move is from "2.11.10beta RC7" to "2.11.11beta RC8".

2) (based on the Linux client download experience) Perhaps reorganize the client download page too, with clearly marked Stable, more up-to-date Beta considered usable (maybe recommended) and then the Experimental ("alpha"?) test version.

All versions should be clearly marked using the simplified, logical versioning and the downloaded client file should reflect that (instead of arriving merely as "eddie-ui_2.11_some-platform").

Currently when downloading the latest Experimental version one has no idea what version is actually there, and when it's downloaded one still needs to try renaming it to keep track of them.

3) Any reason for changing the changelog address from airvpn.org/services/changelog.php?software=client&format=html to this new eddie.website/changelog/?software=client&format=html location?

2.11.11 Portable_64 seems to work very well on manjaro plasma5, all the issue from 2.11.3 to 2.11.10 I was having are gone,

tanks to developers

Seems like with the newest version (2.11.11) network lock also restrics access to routes that are set to go "outside the VPN tunnel".

When I try to open these sites, my browser gives me the error message: "ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED".

I'm on Windows 8.1 by the way.

This seems to only happen when network lock is set to "automatic" or ""Windows Filtering Platform".

When I choose "Windows Firewall", it seems to work just fine.