Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.12.242
LightlySalted

DHT - waiting for announcment.

​Hi,

My problems with uTorrent have been getting gradually worse over time.​

All the trouble started around 5 months ago when I noticed trackers were timing out and things were becoming slow.

​I've tried everything from resetting the router to default, turning off firewalls, changing ports, rebooting router, pinging router, changing DNS...The list is endless.

​So I connect to uTorrent today, all the trackers time out and there is an endless 'DHT - Waiting for announcement'. It won't connect,

​nothing will connect!. I get the feeling my ISP may be involved, but obviously this is hard to prove.

​Server used are mainly Netherlands and Sweden.

​System: Win 7 Home x64.Updated and bug free.

​All suggestions are welcome,

​Thanks in advance.

Hello !

Did you make sure that your client isn't using some kind of "anonymous" mode? There's such a feature in a different client that you might want to try - qBittorent and it often seems to cause problems.

Have you tried force re-announcing to trackers? That sometimes works. Did you use a high port in the AirVPN port-forwarding section and make sure this port didn't change in your client somehow?

Maybe you could go to ipleak.net and see if downloading the test torrent works alright and if your IP is properly hidden as well. Also, are you using any other software such as "Peerblock" in conjunction

with your torrent client? I assume you're not using any proxies or anything.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Your router should have nothing to do with things here if you are using Eddie.  I'm concerned that things are being improperly and insecurely done...

Sorry for getting back late on this subject and thanks to everyone who replied.

​Nothing wrong on my end regarding my setup. Nothing has changed for a good long while regarding torrent client.

​No PeerBlock, proxies or other forms of software that may cause a conflict.

​The problem seems to have been solved now, see below:

​Isn't it odd that when you contact your ISP to raise the issue everything starts to work normally again

​Nothing wrong on my end regarding my setup. Nothing has changed for a good long while regarding torrent client.

​Isn't it odd that when you contact your ISP to raise the issue everything starts to work normally again

Your ISP should have nothing to do with the problems you had if you were using the VPN properly.  Remember, your connection is encrypted to the VPN server.  Your ISP can't manipulate what's within that tunnel.

Your ISP should have nothing to do with the problems you had if you were using the VPN properly. 

@go558a83nk

Don't take this personally but I wasn't born yesterday and have an engineering background.

Can I suggest you don't make assumptions in the future

As well as having bad copper lines that can't be repaired to a decent standard (5 visits from engineers and thorough checks over the space of 6 years proved this) and will start playing up at the drop of a hat.

And I can assure you 100% my ISP does tinker with our line profile. Once I raise concerns it works as it should, for a while anyway.

That's what happens when you try to fit the whole town onto a substandard infrastructure, it breaks down at random.