Not connected, Your IP: 3.147.73.35

Has Air ever considered this or is it not needed because you are based in Italy?

Generally the flaw that I see with them is the fact that the page hosting your Canary needs to be updated literally everyday for it to be of any use, and we all know for a lot of sites this is impossible. 

Thoughts please.

Hello !

It has been mentioned a couple of times, but I think the consensus is that it's not that valuable. Furthermore, Air has showed its resolve on more than one occasion to avoid breaches of privacy or security.  So I'm inclined to think that Air would sooner shut down, than succumb to the requests that a Warrant Canary is thought to guard against. Some other providers have used them though.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Thanks for the quick reply. 

I can't decide if they are usefull or not.  It's only because I was reading this page and wondered what people ( Air) thought. 

Ive been on the net a long time, so to me it seems like canaries are no better than "page last updated on xxx" text/script that used to be ubiquitous in the early days!

No worries

Perhaps they are useful. Perhaps not. For a VPN service, they could be deadly, since VPNs are largely trust-based services.

I'm sure that Air has considered them. I mean, they sure considered all the other security features didn't they! Haha. So if it's not here, then it was probably not deemed useful.

It's a lovely concept however.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

It's just a flawed concept that never yet proven itself in practice, and the majority of the infosec community agrees with that.

Too many VPN providers that have other "minor" issues to cover up, jumped into this concept just as an extra buzz fashion trend.

Would you feel more safe with a cron script echoing the same message to a static text file?

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Hi

I asked the same question a while ago.

I now don't see the value as it seems even when a canary is breached its just business as usual... see Silent Circle http://www.zdnet.com/article/silent-circle-quietly-kills-warrant-canary/

and Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/4ct1kz/reddit_deletes_surveillance_warrant_canary_in/

It pretty much boils down to trust in your provider, if in doubt you can always connect via tor.

Anyway , warrant canaries were an act of resistance (with its limits) , I regreat it's disparition due for a big part to business reasons .