25 replies to this topic

#21 LZ1

LZ1

It's nice to be nice to nice people

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1414 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:41 PM

Good idea LZ1, also people can support EFF financially, independent of Air.

The whjole idea of intercepted networks just seems insupportable, but unfortunately people like open web at whatever cost. I reckon they wouldn't be so happy if the Postal Service had somebody standing outside their front door reading their letters.

Thank you :). Indeed :)

Welcome to AirVPN by the way!

Open This Spoiler If: A Website Is Blocked, You Want To Help AirVPN, Find The Beta/Experimental Client Or You're A New User Wanting Help/Information

Spoiler

Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me if you want me to index it in my new user guide, so that the community can find it more easily.

Tired of Windows? Why Linux Is Better.

#22 frost

frost

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 05:18 PM

I'd love to see more support for EFF. Not only are they privacy activists but they're anti-censorship and pro-transparency advocates.

#23 LZ1

LZ1

It's nice to be nice to nice people

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1414 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 08:30 PM

I'd love to see more support for EFF. Not only are they privacy activists but they're anti-censorship and pro-transparency advocates.

Well said, I agree! Welcome to AirVPN by the way ^_^ ;)

Open This Spoiler If: A Website Is Blocked, You Want To Help AirVPN, Find The Beta/Experimental Client Or You're A New User Wanting Help/Information

Spoiler

Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me if you want me to index it in my new user guide, so that the community can find it more easily.

Tired of Windows? Why Linux Is Better.

#24 amazeballs

amazeballs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:01 PM

Great idea mate.  I think it would be a natural fit.

I'm a member of the EFF anyway, but anything that the good folk at AirVPN can do to help the other good folk at EFF would be the very definition of a 'win-win'.

#25 De Facto Pantalones

De Facto Pantalones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:18 AM

First post!  Quick story... when I first started hunting for a new VPN (I was dissatisfied with my previous provider), I actually wrote EFF to see if they recommended any specific VPN providers.  They did not, and what struck me as funny was the 2-3 people I had respond seemed a bit baffled that I'd even ask them (although this was a cpl/few years back).  Perhaps with bolstered support from those of us here, they (EFF) may start recommending AirVPN?   EFF is a dynamite organization & cause. 

#26 dcarrera

dcarrera

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:49 AM

I have an idea/suggestion:

AirVPN could offer a matching contribution to the EFF. If you agree to give the EFF some of your money, AirVPN can agree to increase the contribution by (say) 50% up to some maximum. I think this is brilliant:

1) The idea is inherently sustainable. The contribution becomes proportional to AirVPN's revenue from users.

2) There is a nice sharing of social responsibility. If I think AirVPN should give money to the EFF, then I should be willing to give money to the EFF.

This could be implemented (for example) in the same page where you purchase your plan. You agree to give $X to AirVPN for so many days of service, and you have the option to add an additional $Y donation to the EFF and AirVPN will match that by 50%. Where $Y is some value between 0 and some multiple of X.

Btw, First post!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Servers online. Online Users: 14326 - BW: 42045 Mbit/sYour IP: 107.22.46.150Guest Access.