mssfix 0
comp-lzo adaptive
push "comp-lzo adaptive"
sndbuf 393216
rcvbuf 393216
push "sndbuf 393216"
push "rcvbuf 393216"

2016-06-28_150723-AirVPN_-_Down_342_KBs_

And seems speeds now better, especially uploading performance while torrenting, I'm using Ukraine's Alcor server. Also updated to latest OpenVPN's version "openvpn.exe" binary in "C:\Program Files\AirVPN", on Win 10 64-bit, and Alcor by the way uses latest OpenVPN version 2.3.11.

Question please, is there others switches to increase performance?

While not related to OpenVPN config settings, you can forward a high port to your torrent client for better performance.

Without that you will only be able to connect with peers which forwarded their ports (UPnP etc) and seedboxes without NAT.

Forwarding ports will allow peers behind NAT to initiate a connection to you.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Hi all! zhang888, yes, thanks, supporting ports forwarding by AirVPN is the main thing for me, first what I did is a forward all ports, yes.

giganerd, I'm doing that just for sure, I know at least comp-lzo setting can be work without pushing.

By the way, I was changed buffers settings to 256216 according to https://airvpn.org/topic/18407-hello-airvpn-goodbye-nordvpn-d/?do=findComment&comment=44040, and speeds, uploading speed now even better, >6 Mb/s.

Well, according to the manual, push is a server-side option and will only be applied if OpenVPN runs in server mode. The directives have no effect in your client config and can be omitted.

Also, you can fully disable LZO compression. We don't use it anymore.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

That's why "comp-lzo no" by default, and without lzo compression things faster? 

Today I was shutting down, restarted bittorrent client and strange, I'm stopped seeing >6 Mb/s, stable only 3-4 Mb/s. Maded some quick tests on speedtest.net and original ISP's speeds just fine, so, it is likely Alcor's-AirVPN's or peers goodness issue.

Can I ask one question after, isn't AirVPN allocates overall 1 Gbit/s between all peers-connections according to specific number of its, and single peer actually cannot get full utilization of speed even if the count of connections to server and load percentage small? Also I am seeing download in fact always not greater than 20-30 Mbit/s on all servers and even on closest to me Alcor with best ping.

Not sure what you mean, but there is no upper limit for the speed you can get, it depends on your ISP and hardware.

These are the top speeds currently:

Not public. lt.pngBaten 111.42 Mbit / sec 2w 6d 5h ago Not public. cz.pngZuben 104.67 Mbit / sec 2h 16m 17s ago Not public. nl.pngSalm 94.21 Mbit / sec 5h 10m 13s ago Not public. nl.pngMirach 88.65 Mbit / sec 4d 4h 34m ago Not public. us.pngAzha 77.83 Mbit / sec 1d 13h 26m ago Not public. de.pngWezen 74.26 Mbit / sec 5w 1d 23h ago Not public. gb.pngDabih 66.85 Mbit / sec 11m 6s ago Not public. se.pngGomeisa 62.78 Mbit / sec 5m 32s ago Not public. se.pngAzmidiske 62.64 Mbit / sec 20m 41s ago Not public. de.pngTauri 62.48 Mbit / sec 19h 38m 11s ago

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Well, depends on the type of files you want to transfer.

Text can be easily compressed and LZO might improve throughput. On the other hand, video containers are difficult to further compress and will therefore lower the speed with LZO.

With "comp-lzo adaptive", OpenVPN will take samples of the traffic and decide everytime whether to compress or not. It's important to note here that AirVPN's server have LZO disabled, therefore setting comp-lzo to something other than no will only impact what you send but not what you receive.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Well, depends on the type of files you want to transfer.

Text can be easily compressed and LZO might improve throughput. On the other hand, video containers are difficult to further compress and will therefore lower the speed with LZO.

With "comp-lzo adaptive", OpenVPN will take samples of the traffic and decide everytime whether to compress or not. It's important to note here that AirVPN's server have LZO disabled, therefore setting comp-lzo to something other than no will only impact what you send but not what you receive.

Just a reminder for comp-lzo pertaining to some systems. Our servers push "comp-lzo no", but on some DD-WRT builds, and probably on other systems as well, if you set LZO to "disabled" on the configuration interface, comp-lzo will be omitted, causing a connection failure. After the push, LZO will not be used, even if the client enabled it, so no problems will arise.

The decision to disable LZO was taken to allocate more processing power from the CPU to the throughput. It becomes relevant (even with our CPUs supporting AES-NI) when throughput exceeds 400-500 Mbit/s with several dozens clients connected to the same daemon (each OpenVPN daemon runs necessarily in one thread of one core). We have empirically determined (no absolute truth claimed) that disabling LZO, under such conditions, provides a moderate throughput gain.

Kind regards