• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 Green453

Green453

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 05:15 PM

• There's 2 names associated with your account. The first is your login name, which cannot be changed and can't be seen by others. You would need to make a new account, to change it.
  • The second name is your forum display name. In my case, it's LZ1. This can be changed by you at any time, but only matters in the forum.

I signed up for the trial.  got a code , purchased the trial, but Where do i find my login details for the Eddie Application?

#62 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 2687 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 November 2018 - 06:40 PM

It's your login name with your login password.

Always remember:
There's a guide to AirVPN,

Amazon IPs are not dangerous here,
running TOR exits is discouraged,

using spoilers for your logs helps us read your thread.

~ Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. ~

Instead of writing me a personal mail, consider contacting me via XMPP at gigan3rd@xmpp.airvpn.org or join the lounge@conference.xmpp.airvpn.org. I might read the mail too late whereas I'm always available on XMPP ;)

#63 LZ1

LZ1

It's nice to be nice to nice people

• Moderators
  • 1950 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 12:27 AM

It's that time of year again guys and gals :D

@salacronix I'm sorry, I don't know. But feel free to create your own thread regardless :).

@ironmikezero Thank you, that's excellent to hear!

@JimTheOwl That sort of thing is usually in the Guides/How-To section of my guide. There's a discussion about it for MacOS here. A how-to for GNU/Linux here. Regardless of OS, it is NOT recommended. If you only hibernate your PC instead of shutting it down completely and Eddie stays on, then at least on Linux and Windows, you won't need to re-enter a password.

Besides all that, I thought it could be fun to summarise some of the biggest things which happened with AirVPN in 2018. There's no newsletter that I know of and since I basically live on the forums anyway, then why not help everyone else keep track of the biggest changes, since they're so easy to lose sight of :D. I might do it again next year if it's worth it.

AirVPN in the year 2018

Happy New Year to everyone :)

Hi there, are you new to AirVPN? Many of your questions are already answered in this guide. Its Guides Section has guides on Linux/Torrenting/Blocked sites & many other topics too.
Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please read the First Questions section in the link above for more details, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Tired of Windows? Why Linux Is Better.

#64 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 2687 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:56 PM

After starting out with only a few experimental servers, AirVPN successfully managed to upgrade all AirVPN servers to what is now called "Gen2" servers. These support the IPv6 protocol and other additions, such as "tls-crypt". Tls-crypt makes it much harder for outsiders to block or throttle a VPN connection. Here's an excellent explanation by Staff.

... Kitalpha being the only exception due to missing IPv6 support, rest of the features are there. Makes it a Gen1.9 server. :D

I'm beginning to like these summaries.. :o

• LZ1 likes this

Always remember:
There's a guide to AirVPN,

Amazon IPs are not dangerous here,
running TOR exits is discouraged,

using spoilers for your logs helps us read your thread.

~ Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. ~

Instead of writing me a personal mail, consider contacting me via XMPP at gigan3rd@xmpp.airvpn.org or join the lounge@conference.xmpp.airvpn.org. I might read the mail too late whereas I'm always available on XMPP ;)

#65 iamartist

iamartist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:01 PM

Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this question.

I've been trying to setup OpenVPN for just torrenting following the guide here, but I can't seem to get it to work. I'm on Windows 10 so I'm not sure if that makes a difference. I get to the part making the .bat files,but trying to run OpenVPN after it fails to connect. I've also tried this guide but run into the same issue. There has to be something I'm doing wrong.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

Servers online. Online Sessions: 15329 - BW: 56609 Mbit/sYour IP: 3.82.52.91Guest Access.