Not connected, Your IP: 34.204.181.19

I am seeing the same kind of issues... Does not matter what the routing policy is as the content is not being delivered from netflix address space. Sad thing is some fairly basic firewall rules directly on my Isp and I get a proxy message as well... 

Thanks Zhang888. I guess the other takeaway is that vpns, like Air, which have robust approaches to anonymity and obfuscation are still being identified as 'out of town' log ins. If a private corporation like Netflix can do it....what could a government do to find some one? I find it more and more astonishing that folks go on line and do stuff, thinking they can evade a concerted effort to find them. I wonder if the other side of it is that most of us are simply not that interesting to "THEM", whoever "THEM" might be on any particular day.

Thanks Zhang888. I guess the other takeaway is that vpns, like Air, which have robust approaches to anonymity and obfuscation are still being identified as 'out of town' log ins. If a private corporation like Netflix can do it....what could a government do to find some one? I find it more and more astonishing that folks go on line and do stuff, thinking they can evade a concerted effort to find them. I wonder if the other side of it is that most of us are simply not that interesting to "THEM", whoever "THEM" might be on any particular day.

every server you attempt to connect to knows your IP.  there's nothing amazing about netflix knowing your IP, whether it's the VPN server IP or your home IP.

Hi go558a83nk,

Yup. I get that. It was more that folks are using VPNs for just about everything now. And I wonder whether Netflix, once it identifies a VPN server in, say the US, can distinguish between a user of that server who is in the US and one who is not. Or do they simply blacklist the ip of the server in the US - and not care if some of the people using it are in the US? AFAIK, not using a VPN is not one of their terms of service; i.e. they do not say you must not use a vpn. If they can work out whether a particular user is in the US or not, and so distinguish between users, then that is becoming interesting.....maybe I do not understand it. 

From a google search, they might do it by ping time, or by the user's system time - which can be given up by a browser; or http headers.

Anyway, I'm sure the Airvpn technicians will find a way round it....

Hi go558a83nk,

Yup. I get that. It was more that folks are using VPNs for just about everything now. And I wonder whether Netflix, once it identifies a VPN server in, say the US, can distinguish between a user of that server who is in the US and one who is not. Or do they simply blacklist the ip of the server in the US - and not care if some of the people using it are in the US? AFAIK, not using a VPN is not one of their terms of service; i.e. they do not say you must not use a vpn. If they can work out whether a particular user is in the US or not, and so distinguish between users, then that is becoming interesting.....maybe I do not understand it. 

From a google search, they might do it by ping time, or by the user's system time - which can be given up by a browser; or http headers.

Anyway, I'm sure the Airvpn technicians will find a way round it....

They just block VPN IP's or IP ranges, they have no idea where the user is actually located. There's nothing sophisticated about their methods, they block actual American users using a VPN as well.

Please have a little patience, there are a few options being tested at the moment.

Thanks for the update.  Please let us know how you make out.

This is an interesting read on how Netflix operates with AWS.  https://github.com/Netflix/eureka/wiki/Deploying-Eureka-Servers-in-EC2

Also, it appears Netflix is making determinations based up your DNS, where they count the # of users and determine it's a proxy, SmartDNS or VPN.   Also, here's a link that might work for some of you DD-WRT users.  

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1036386#1036386

This is an interesting read on how Netflix operates with AWS.  https://github.com/Netflix/eureka/wiki/Deploying-Eureka-Servers-in-EC2

Also, it appears Netflix is making determinations based up your DNS, where they count the # of users and determine it's a proxy, SmartDNS or VPN.   Also, here's a link that might work for some of you DD-WRT users.  

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1036386#1036386

thanks.

Why don't use guys stream using putlocker.is or use Torrent day (invite required)? The only decent doc/film i'v seen on Netflix is THE DMT MOLECULE

Since Netflix etc r becoming a pan. How do these firesticks work and how do u crack them to watch netflix and sports etc?I'm from the uk btw

Just an update to my previous post...... I haven't changed any settings on AirVPN however now even Canadian content is blocked when I'm connected to AirVPN.

Thalium, if you try your local content while connected, is it now blocked?

Apologies Merlin,

I've been rather tied up irl, not had a chance to try an American spoofed account yet either.

I have no issues at all viewing European content (NL servers), UK Servers have long been micro routed to US netflix due to access problems with uk netflix. The content of UK and Eur netflix is very similar anyway and both are poor compared to US netflix. If Eur netflix would work as a stop gap for you I'm able to view it via any of the NL servers still. I haven't checked Airvpn UK servers recently but would imagine they still micro-route to US netflix servers (no point in changing that and creating more work as Airvpn are working on making available US netflix again).

Edit: Just to make clear. When I say "Airvpn are working on making it available again" I'm going via Zhangs post:- 

"Please have a little patience, there are a few options being tested at the moment."

Thanks in advance for your efforts Airvpn, successful or not.