Not connected, Your IP: 3.140.188.16
Sign in to follow this  
TLH

OpenVPN Configuration Generator

Hello,

i´m currently switching from my old VPN-Provider and decided to give you a try.

What´s different to the ones i formerly used and makes me scratch my head a bit is:

The Config. Generator is working fine - and so do the config files and connection to the server.

But i´m not asked to enter a login or password when the connection starts and i can´t find it in the config files either. Erm, why?

Second i´m used to get .crt files with the ovpn files from my former providers. Is that not needed over here? Why not?

Would be nice if you could give me a helping hand on these matters.

But i´m not asked to enter a login or password when the connection starts and i can´t find it in the config files either. Erm, why? :)

Hello and welcome!

That's because authentication is not based on username/password but on certificates/keys.

Second i´m used to get .crt files with the ovpn files from my former providers. Is that not needed over here? Why not?

user.crt is the client certificate while ca.crt is the CA certificate. They are embedded in the .ovpn file(s). To generate split files please tick "Advanced Mode" > "Separate certs/keys from .ovpn files" in the CG.

Kind regards

Hello,

i´m currently switching from my old VPN-Provider and decided to give you a try.

What´s different to the ones i formerly used and makes me scratch my head a bit is:

The Config. Generator is working fine - and so do the config files and connection to the server.

But i´m not asked to enter a login or password when the connection starts and i can´t find it in the config files either. Erm, why?

Would be nice if you could give me a helping hand on these matters.

Welcome!!  I can't tell which OS you are using but I wanted to let you know that Eddie (Air's Client) is an amazing piece of code.  If you are a linux user most other providers don't have a client for you to use.  Air's linux version of Eddie works flawlessly and has for several years on my machines.

There are instances for using the config generator at times, but for most users the client handles everything instantly.  It also allows you to switch servers, connection mode, etc.... on the fly without always having to generate new files to do it.  Try it, you'll love it  --------------- unless you just need to specifically use manually generated config files.

You are going to love Air!!